CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 29, 2009

Random

I know I have been total slack with blogging lately. And I'd like to say I'm sorry. The fact of the matter is that I haven't had much that is "blog worthy" going on lately. Scratch that. Yes I have. I just can't seem to find the words to say...
Reader's Digest version: my life has been chaos for 2 weeks. The rollercoaster has definitely thrown me for some loops. In the interest of saving time and my family's privacy, I will spare the details. Lets just leave it at its been rough. Please pray for us!
In other news, we have added another mouth to feed at our house. Its a turtle named Dinky. We are foster parenting for the summer as his owners have some valid reason for not keeping him (I'm not sure I remember exactly why). So far, he's been easy. We've had a turtle before, so we kind of know what to expect. The kids love him, so for that, he can stay for a while. Our hamster still escapes frequently, but has learned to put himself back in the cage when he's hungry. Its interesting. Again, the kids love him, so I can't complain.
I'll be heading to Texas in a few short weeks for what promises to be an emotional reunion with my soldier. Reese is growing like a little weed. He's learned several new words lately. To include - turtle, bird, and Barbie. The girls are sooooo ready for summer break. And I... well I'm just trying to survive the next few weeks without having a serious break down!
So that's it for us. Just moving along, trying to keep it together for this last little stretch! Thank you to all of you who have been praying for us and will continue to do so! This journey is almost over, thank God. The next one looks to be just as eventful, unfortunately. What I wouldn't give to remember what it felt like to be "normal"!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will be fine. God gives us nothing we can't handle. Your sweetie will be home soon and life will become normal again. Your in our prayers and we love you. Wendy