CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 29, 2009

Playing catch - up

After changing my flight voluntarily and then mechanical problems, I finally arrived back in SC yesterday morning. The kids were there to greet me with Grammie and I was so excited to see them!
I had an amazing first week in Texas, complete with manicures, pedicures, spray tans, SLEEP, adult beverages, girl talks, road trips, shopping, a great steak due to Doc losing a bet (love ya!), lots of laughs, some tears and TONS of anticipation waiting for our soldiers to return!
Friday was D-day for 2 of us. All day we (Elizabeth and I) were nauseous and just trying to keep occupied. The guys' plane arrived around 1730 (5:30 for non military), but they did not make it to the gym where we had been waiting for OVER 2 hours until 1930 (7:30). But after a brief (thank GOD) "welcome home ceremony", the reunion began. Cory and I stayed in a local Hotel for the first two nights to give us some time as well as the Sheplers. I'll keep the details to myself as they may be TMI for most.
Sunday we moved Cory into his new domain (AKA the Shepler's), where he shall dwell until his contract is up... or housing realizes he is living there and kicks him out (which ever comes first). Our week was filled with a road trip to get Cory's new truck, tons of movies, a new LCDHD TV for Cory's father's day, SLEEP, eating out, tattoos, spending time with friends, making new friends, the Sheplers getting a puppy that we all loved on, cooking dinner together, Brownie Batter Blizzards, and just eating up every second we had together!
I took very little pictures, as we did very little. But that's who we are. Homebodies! I may or may not post pictures of our reunion. I haven't decided if I want to keep them for our memories only or share them with the world. We'll see.
Cory should be home on July 17 for 30 days. I'm looking at having a "Welcome Home Hero" cookout/party on the 18th (maybe) or later. The kids are SO excited that Daddy is coming home and Cory is beside himself!
I am back at work and it looks like the next 3 weeks will be crammed with work, house cleaning, unpacking, swim lessons, day camp, day care, work, party planning, work and did I say work? I'll be working tons to make up for being off the last two weeks and being off while Cory's home. Needless to say, I'll be busy! But hey, at least it will keep me occupied, right?!?!
I'm so glad to have my hubby stateside, but sometimes I think its almost worse knowing he is attainable, I just can't go to him whenever I want! Does that make sense? Anywho! Please keep praying for us all as we transition into our new "normal".

3 comments:

Mrs. Mullen said...

oh gosh does this post bring back memories!!!!!!! I'm soooo happy your soldier is HOME!!!

(ps. this is the moore's cousin ;) and yes I'm a stalker, lol)

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a jam packed week! So much fun in there and so glad he's home girl:p You should definitely post pics of the reunion! I wanna see:p

Mrs. Mullen said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my cake blog!!! My husband is in school for Engineering...we moved to Columbia b/c he wanted to be a pilot at first (got his pilots license and started getting a degree from Embry-Riddle while in the Army) but then all of sudden he changed his mind, ahhhh, lol. Oh well, at least we're military free :-) I would LOVE to make cakes for you!! Anytime!! If you can give me a date when Cory will be back in SC for good I would love to make you a "welcome home and thank goodness you're out of the ARMY NOW!!" cake, lol.