CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Livin' the life...

So its Saturday at 4 am... I've officially survived the week! Its been a long one. But here's a run-down of what's been happening:
*Cory made it to Texas on Sunday and settled back into the Army life pretty smoothly. He has begun the daunting task of "clearing" everything so he can ETS (get out) in a couple months. We hit a snag this week - The Army pays extra pay for hazard duty and family seperation while the soldiers are deployed. This pay is supposed to stop when they return home. Well, it seems that the Army has made a mistake (GASP!!!! I know you are shocked) and has continued to pay 85% of the soldiers this extra pay. Sounds great, right?!?! Well, once the Army realizes it, they want their money back - all at one time!!! I caught the error this past week, and Cory has reported it. So now, we wait for Cory to come home with very little to no check one week...
*Reese started his new class. He sobbed when I left him - it broke my heart! But he's adjusting well after we leave him. He had an allergic reaction to Cinnamon on Thurs. Have you ever heard of such? His little face and chest broke out into hives - so it was definitely just a contact reaction. I will be getting him an EpiJr this week! The kid is so sensitive to EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!
*The girls are loving school (so far, that is). Hailey has had 2 soccer practices and LOVED them both (despite almost roasting!) I've Samantha enrolled in a Tap/Ballet/Jazz class. It will start in Sept.
*I have officially started my "new" job. I put that word in quotations because it is technically not new to me. I was doing the same job before we left to go to Texas. So I'm just going back to where I came from... that's how I see it! Anyway. So far, it has been a good move for me. Hopefully I will continue to see it that way!
*I also have my first OFFICIAL case. I can't post details due to privacy, but I can say it involves 2 children (Ages 9 & 3). I am very excited and nervous all at the same time. Please pray that I will always keep their best interest in mind and that I can make a difference in their lives with the help of God.
* I will be working a good bit of overtime at my "old" job. I am there now, hence the ability to blog! Because of the Army situation, I just want to be ahead financially BEFORE we are drowning!
As you can tell, we've been super busy! But busy means times flies. And for me, that means the world! We're getting back into a routine and settling in.... Just livin the life!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You are on super busy woman!! Don't work yourself too hard!!

Something similar happened with Shane with the pay (more than once). When you are deployed longer than 12months the Army pays so much extra a month. They were in Iraq just a week or so shy from 15 months. They had paid them the extra for that month but several months later took it back with no notice, warning, or anything at all.

Kelly said...

Hope things are going well for you!