CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Under my umbrella

Today I went back to the Dr to check my H. Pylori levels. They are still elevated and the dr gave me some new meds that he promises will make me nauseous and there's nothing they can do about it - NICE. I'm sure it will be a good weight loss program, but I absolutely hate to be nauseated. I would rather puke my guts up continuously than be nauseated. So I went home and took said medication and went to bed. I woke up with the feeling that if I moved, I would vomit. I had to get the girls from school. On my way, Reese's daycare called to tell me that he had a temp of 101.7! So I called the pediatrician to see if it was "doctor worthy". (On a side note - we go to Palmetto Pediatrics in Spartanburg and I absolutely LOVE all the staff and doctors; if you are in the hunt for a good peds office - I've got the perfect one for you!) They said they would work us in, so off we went.
To make a long story short, Reese STILL has bilateral ear infections and upper resp infection - and a REALLY bad one at that... we've been on oral antibiotics for the last month with no relief. So now we are onto IM injections (aka shots) of Rocefin - 2 a day x 3 days (minimum). We had the first two today, we'll have 2 more tomm before heading to Chuck Town and he'll get 2 days for his body to "rest" from antibiotics and then its back on Monday for 2 more.
Call me a weenie - whatever you will - but today when he got the first 2 , I cried. It's just these times that I miss Cory more than ever. I'd just like for him to be here. I know this will not kill my child, but as a mother, it breaks my heart to see him suffer and have to get 1 shot, much less 6!!!
And to top it all off, if the shots do not work, its on to IV antibiotics which could mean another bag of goodies to deal with. I have my Paramedic Refresher scheduled for next week (9-5 ALL WEEK) that is mandatory or I lose my registration and to retest. Why is it that the ONE week I have something I have to do, my baby boy is sick and may need extensive treatment? I guess its true - when it rains, it pours... so here I sit - under my umbrella.

*On a different note - if you haven't read the post below, please do so! I love you, baby!

1 comments:

Amanda said...

We go to Palmetto Peds also. My girls see Dr. Donna. We use to go to the Village at Pelham office, but the doctor left and they didn't replace her.

Hope your sweet boy gets better soon. Poor little guy. I feel bad when Kelsey and Kaley have to get shots too:( I think it's worse now that they are older. It's definitely worse trying to hold them down. The hardest thing ever for me was to watch them to a spinal tap on Kelsey about a year and a half ago when they thought she had meningitis.

I pray the shots will help and he doesn't have to go on IV treatment. If I can do anything at all to help out PLEASE let me know. Well I guess I can't be much help for the next 9 days cause I will be gone, but after that, I'm always here if you need anything at all!