CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 2, 2009

One step at a time...

I know that's the song that begins to play as you are reading this, but it is just fitting for my life right now. Its 1234 am and I am still awake. Call it anxiety or whatever you will, but Cory has not had a good day - which translates into me not sleeping. I feel like for us its 2 steps forward and 3 steps back. Hes has several good days in a row, but then there is a set back. Please continue to pray for him. He's got a long road when he comes home and I think the closer it gets, the more anxious it makes him. I don't know whats worse for him - being on the other side of the world in a war zone or returning home to face the demons that have been rearing their ugly heads for the last few months.
In other news - my hours have been cut at work. But surprisingly, I am TOTALLY ok with it! I'll be working a couple 12's, a couple 8's and a couple 4's each pay period. Sounds confusing, but I think I'm gonna love my job even more - and who thought that was possible? The job I made reference to recently is on hold - at least until March as our hospital is on a hiring freeze. I'll let you know if and when anything comes of it! Has anyone figured out what the job is?
The girls are doing well. They've survived 100days of 1st grade. They are both excellent students and are reading at least 2 grade levels above what they should be! If only I could get Samantha to stop talking all the time, we'd be good! They are doing Cheerleading still and LOVE it! They look so cute! And their coaches have been wonderful and always give them the cutest cheers to do! With any luck, I'll get some video soon and post it!
Reese is going to have to have tubes put in his ears in the next month. I have to be honest - I can't wait! I am so ready to not have to see him suffer anymore. He's been on antibiotics for almost a month straight with no relief. Nights are exceptionally bad, but luckily during the day, he's such a happy little boy! Looks more and more like Cory daily - its scary! He' s walking with assistance, I look for him to take off on his own soon! He's growing so fast! And he's so stinking cute!
This weekend we are heading to ChuckTown to celebrate my Bubba's big 3-0! Wow, he's getting old! I really hate we don't live closer so we could spend more time with each other! I love you Brian!
So that's it. Just taking it one day at a time, usually one step at a time. Its served me well thus far! Happy Groundhog Day!!!

0 comments: