CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hump Day Happenings

So its Wednesday. I'm off today and tomm and then my first full weekend working since I've been back. Just wanted to take a moment and post an update on how we're all doing.
*I'm into full work mode now. It amazing how I have just fallen back into the routine. I'm still working 11am to 11pm and I hate it. I love my job, just hate the hours. Hopefully this is my last week and then I'll be on strictly nights.
*I had reservations about working (we all know that), but I find myself feeling more accomplished and "happier" (I use that word only because I can't think of a better one at the time). I am tired, don't get me wrong. But I am a firm believer that some women are meant to be stay at home moms, but I am not one of those. I have loved being home with my kids all day everyday, but I feel more fulfilled because I'm working. Call me a horrible mother, but in my honest opinion, I feel like I'm a better mother because I'm happier and when I'm with my kids, they have my undivided attention nevermind the fact that I'm so busy that time FLIES by. Its what works for us, and I'm glad God opened the door for this job!!!
*In the nest few weeks, I'll be praying for time to come to a halt as Cory will be home for R&R. It will only be for 18 days, and its A LOT sooner than we hoped and planned, but we have both vowed to make the most of every minute we have. Work has been gracious enough to give me the full time off so I can be with my family. I am so thankful!
*With any luck, we will begin the move into our new house while Cory's home. Again, I had hoped when he came home, we would already be in our house and settled, but we have to take what we can get!
*Hailey has started soccer and LOVES it. She's so cute when she plays too. Her first game is Saturday. Hopefully I'll remember the camera.
*Sam starts tumbling next week. Mondays will be crazy for us! Hailey has soccer AND Sam has tumbling back to back. I'm glad they have chosen different activities, but its going to be chaos for a while!
*The girls are still loving school. Traffic is getting better. I have to get to the school around 1:15 to be close to the front to pick them up. Now, if we could only get rid of the moron who's the crossing guard (that another post all together).
*Reese has had a nasty cough for the last week and a half. I think we may be on the other side of it now. But he's been pitiful. Still no teeth, I think I may have to get him some dentures (LOL, J/K). He's eating baby food and some table food. He's at that stage where if ANYONE is eating, he feels like he should be too. Of course, that's not the case, but its hard to get a 7 month old to understand that!
*I finally got the pictures downloaded off my camera. I'll post some soon. I had close to 200 that needed to be downloaded. As soon as I pick which ones are "blog worthy" I'll post them.
*I'm on the hunt for another vehicle. I LOVE my Sorento, but I need more room. I would prefer to have an SUV with a third row, but it looks like I may have to break down and become a minivan mom (I'm not knocking you ladies, but if you know me, you understand I'm not a minivan mom). Any suggestions would be great!!
I think that's it. Life is in full swing here at the Trotter's and I LOVE IT!!!!!! I hope you all are doing well out there in Blogville! Have a great week!!

5 comments:

Long's Joyful Journey said...

I never thought I would be a mini van mom either! I thought about an SUV but gas is soo high right now and I have to drive to DT Greenville all the time! Plus I love my automatic doors! I will get a cooler car when the kids get older like an old VW van or an mini bus! JK!!!

Amanda said...

Wow...I can't believe Cory they are making Cory take R&R so soon. That's crazy! I know you can't wait to see him though! Enjoy each and every moment with him. 18 days? At least the Army has been gracious enough to allow a whopping 3 extra days. They should get a lot more than that. Shane got 15 days.

We bought a new car back in Feb. I had an expedition but I really needed to get rid of the gas hog. Shane tried to talk me into a van, but like you, I just wasn't ready to be a Mini Van Mom. I went with an 08 Cevy TrailBlazer. I love it, but I really miss the room. I kind of wish I would have broken down and went with the mini van. They are so nice, so roomy, and have so many wonderful features. I've already told Shane if we have any more kids, the TrailBlazer has got to go. It's way too small for more than 2 kids. I try to put my niece in the middle and it's so difficult trying to buckle in her carseat and the girls in the booster seats. Anyways...I like the Honda vans...really nice. I hope things continue to go well for you!!

Annie said...

My friend drives a Honda Odessey and it is NICE! I would actually drive it.

Jessi said...

I am NOT a mini-van mom either. I have a Buick Rendevous and I LOVE it.

ABW said...

I have a highlander with the third row, and there's not much room back there. It does work when we need it too though. Of course the kid that fits perfectly back there gets carsick so that leaves my 5'2" 10 year old who has to squeeze in. But like I said, it's nice to have. Our next car might be a minivan too. Gasp!