CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Something bit me...

I'm sure my colorful husband added a few more explitives to that statement, but he was bitten by a scorpion a couple days ago. OUCH!! It bit him in his left armpit - DOUBLE OUCH!!!!!!! So far, he's had no adverse side effects, just lots of pain!!!
In other news, the "good news" that I eluded to a few blogs ago is true!!! NO, I'm not pregnant (so stop asking). Cory is coming home for R&R SOON!!! I can't say when because I really don't have a definite date (besides, I couldn't release it even if I did know - OPSEC). I wasn't excited at first. Not because I don't love and miss him, but because I have just now gotten to the point where I'm not a basket case all the time, I just started my job and we're not in our house yet. Its just not the way I planned things. But, I've got work settled and it looks like we'll be moving into our house in a couple weeks, so now I'm SO EXCITED!!! Looks like he'll be home for the girls Birthday - yeah its that soon!!! The only bad thing is that when he goes back, we'll have a LONG time to go until we see each other again. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there!
The girls activities are in full swing now. Hailey has her first soccer game this Saturday, and Samantha has had her first tumbling class. I start nights this week - FINALLY!!! Reese is still fighting his cough. He did say MaMa yesterday - of course I cried... He's getting so big!! Hopefully, like I said earlier, we'll be in our new house in a couple weeks. Definitely by the end of the month! YEAH!
So that's just a little update. Cory's doing well. Besides being bitten by the scorpion, and the Army trying to get every minute out of him before he comes home for R&R, he's just peachy. The kids keep me sane (and sometimes cause me to feel like I'm going INSANE), keep me busy, but I'm loving every minute of it all! My job is great. I really enjoy work and the people I work with. I love my kids, I love my job and of course, I LOVE my soldier. Life is just moving along at warp speed! Now, if only I could figure how to freeze time when Cory's here, I'd be set!
** AFTER MUCH RESEARCH AND DEBATE, I HAVE DETERMINED THAT SCORPIONS DO NOT BITE, THEY STING. SO CORY WAS NOT BITTEN BY THE THING, HE WAS STUNG. EITHER WAY, I'M SURE IT HURT!!! YOU GET THE PICTURE!

0 comments: