CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 6, 2009

Honey Do

The "word in the mountains" is that I can count on 2 hands the number of weeks left until my hubby returns. To say I'm excited would be an understatement. I've got a ton of things I need to get done before Cory comes home. When he left, I told him I would have sooooo much done when he got home. I knew that I would procrastinate and even told some friends and family to prepare to be prepared to have to lend a hand on a time crunch! Luckily, I have wonderful people around me who have come to expect this and love me through the stress! Here's a list of things that are on my "honey do" list. (I hope to use this as a public accountability tool - as I plan on update the list each week!)
*Put in Laminate flooring (aka faux hard woods) in the living room/kitchen
*Paint the back wall of our kitchen - Cory got all but this wall painted before "the chaos"
*Paint the kids bathroom
*Steam clean the carpet in the bedrooms
*Look into putting ceramic tile into the bathrooms/laundry rooms
*Acquire a lawn mower - either used or new
*Cut the grass (more than once)
*Look into trading our car in for something with a lower payment
*Finally take the "stuff" I've had packed for Goodwill to Goodwill
*Try to find an upholstery place to redo our kitchen chairs
*Clean out the garage
*Take the dogs to the groomers for a bath and shave
*Find a new home for the hamster - Samantha has finally decided to relinquish her ownership (after Bugsy got out AGAIN today)
*Reorganize our closet so that Cory can have room to put his clothes
*Move my stuff out of Cory's side of the dresser (sorry, honey, it has taken me all 6 drawers to put my clothes in - do you think they make a "mens" dresser for our suit?)
*Clean our house - I mean REALLY clean it!
*Get the big screen tv from my inlaws for the living room
*Buy plants for our "porch" and flower bed in front of the house
*Buy furniture for our patio
*Arrange for my shifts to be covered at work while I'm away
*Find a place to stay while I"m in Texas for 3 weeks
*Fix our fence in the backyard - its got some rough spots

WOW! That looks like a lot. I know I'm forgetting several things. I'm glad I'm a procrastinator - because I know I'll be so busy with this stuff that I won't have too much time to be anxious about Cory coming home!
Soccer starts tomm. So on top of my list, I've got both girls doing soccer, I've got my normal duties and I've got to work. Should be fun! I can only pray that everyone stays healthy and in one piece until its all over!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, dear, it's okay if all of this doesn't get done before I get home! We have the rest of our lives to fix up the house, build on, add on, and so forth. I don't care what it looks like when I'm home, i'm just going to be glad to be home!

But yeah I'd like somewhere to put my clothes. I guess We're going to have to build another room off the side of our bedroom dedicated solely for your clothes and fifteen billion shoes.

I love you,
love
me

natalie said...

Sounds like he's coming back around the same time the baby will be here. I've only got 9 1/2 weeks left, but I'm hoping it will be even less than that!

Matt Kennedy said...

I wish you and your family the best of luck. Thank you for your sacrifice.

Amanda Bailey said...

You kow My Corey does some of those things that you need done for a living!! Let me know if you want him to come give you a price on the flooring the tile and the painting!