CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hump day happenings

Yes, I'm blogging at 3am. But its ok, I'm at work - I'm supposed to be up! The last few days have been CRAZY around our humble abode. Here's a brief synopsis - Friday, I worked (on my "day off) for another girl in my office whose mom died. Saturday I painted the back wall of my kitchen - to say it was disasterous would do it no justice. It has been fixed, but its taken me MANY hours and MANY MANY coats of paint. Sunday, our laminate (faux hardwood) floors were put in.(**before you gasp, yes, I am aware that it was Easter Sunday and I made every attempt to get the 'contractors' to go partake in Easter festivities, then insisted that if they weren't at my house, they'd be somewhere else working) Monday, it was back to work. Tuesday we went for our daily trip to Lowes to buy the quarter round to finish the floors, pick bubba up at daycare, then to soccer practice. After all that, I dropped the girls off at my parents and went home. I couldn't sleep, so I decided to paint the base boards and trim of the kitchen. Now I am at work and it has been wide open.
So that's been my week so far. The rest of the week consists of laying the quarter round, touching up paint and putting everything back where it goes in my house. Saturday, I'm having this lady and some other ladies over to our house to celebrate the upcoming birth of her son. This is also my weekend to work! So I'll be exhausted when all is said and done... but the kitchen and floors are DONE!!! (btw, I looked into putting in the ceramic flooring - i'll be holding off on that for a little while!)
In Army news, looks like we are in the 2mth time frame of redeployment (Cory's coming home). I can't believe that the end is near. Cory is doing well, hopefully you have been following his blog as well. If not, go check it out!!!!!
So that's it. Life's crazy again at our house. But for me its a sign of good things to come! Hopefully soon I will post pics of Easter. No promises!

1 comments:

natalie said...

I can't wait for Saturday! Good luck with your projects. Let me know if I can help you in any way.