CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 21, 2008

And so it begins...


Tonight we began our holiday festivities by taking a trip to see Santa. As you can see by the picture, the girls have conquered their fear of the Jolly man in the red suit. However, Reese is not a fan. Hailey pointed out that Santa was thinner than he should have been and Samantha replied - he's on the Atkins diet like Pappy! Thankfully, this is just a pic I took with my phone on my camera. The real picture will be a good shot with Reese superimposed (sp) on Santa's lap. I will definitely post it as I'm sure it will be great!!!
After we left the hospital (where Santa was), we came home and ate dinner. Reese had been sleeping a lot today, so I knew he wasn't feeling well. When he woke up from his catnap, he was having some trouble breathing. After much deliberation and calling some of my Paramedic/RN buddies, I made the decision to take him to SRMC emergency room! They have an AWESOME Peds ER (and I'm not just saying that because I work there). Reese saw one of my favorite Drs and we were in and out in a little over an hour - if you've been to the ER lately, thats absolutely AMAZING!!! Reese has an Upper Resp infection (borderline RSV), a right ear infection (the left is not too far behind it) AND a Sinus infection! So, I guess its ok if he wasn't up to being held by a stranger in a red suit with bells that would NOT be quiet, and having his picture made. Thank goodness for technology; hopefully we'll get a good pic from piecing all the bad ones together!
So that's how I've started off my weekend. On a good note, Reese went almost 10 mths without ANY ear issues...my fear is that its only just begun (the girls have had 3 sets of tubes, Cory had major ear issues as a child - poor Reese doesn't stand a chance). Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

natalie said...

I love the picture! Emma still wants nothing to do with Santa. I hope that Reese is feeling better soon!

Long's Joyful Journey said...

Poor baby! I hate it when babies are sick! Hope he gets to feeling better!

ABW said...

Poor little guy! I haven't take the kids to see Santa in forever. Call me Scrooge, but I dread going to the mall!

Anonymous said...

I never got near Santa. I called him the guy and stayed as far away from him as I could. My mother said I would walk the aside of a store rather then go anywhere near him :) Wendy