CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 1, 2008

New week, fresh start

I know last week I was MIA, and for that I apologize. I know that while I do not have a large, loyal fanbase, the ones of you who do care have missed me!!! Last week was HORRIBLE, beyond horrible. Here's a breakdown of the last 7 days of my life...
Monday (last monday, that is) - I had the stomach bug. Why do they call it a bug? Bugs are little creatures you can crush and move on. There was nothing little or crushable(is that a word) about this sickness. I honestly prayed that the Lord take my life more than once. I stayed home from work and almost OD on Phenergan and sleeping pills, so I could "sleep it off".
Tuesday - Hailey was asked by her teacher how I was feeling, her response "She can at least stand up without puking". Progress had been made! Still unable to eat, I went to work, feeling reasonable. While at work, I had to be given 250cc bolus of fluids for dehydration and then the REAL pain started.
Wednesday - By the time I got off work, I was unable to stand and walk. My abdomen was KILLING me. I had seen one of the ER doc's who had determined I had Appendicitis and gave me a shot of pain killers. I decided Wed afternoon to go and see my GI doctor, who backed the decision to not do surgery til after the new year - believe it or not, the state my body is in now, I would be better off having my appendix rupture than what would come with the surgery (it complicated, but my reality). So its anti-inflamatories and antibiotics until 09!!
Thursday - still unable to keep anything down, I went to Anderson for lunch with the in laws. I managed to set a few things straight and anger people who weren't even at lunch - that takes skill! Lets just say, those of you out there who think you have nightmarish In laws, call me - you have NO clue!!! My night ended with dinner at my bestest friend's house. It was great food (that actually stayed down - well most of it), great family and great fun!! Despite the drama of the rest of the day.
Friday - Brian and Annie came up to do Thanksgiving. Its always so good to sit and spend quality time with them - just us. I only wish we lived closer and could do it more often. I think Hannah may be finally warming up to me - unfortunately we don't have the close bond I had hoped, but I hope she knows I love her and even though she lives far away, she's still my favorite 3 yr old!!! That night I headed back to work to begin three of the worst nights I have ever had at my job.
Saturday - I had to hold over 4 hours at work holding a crazy man's pants - true story! Came home, slept and went back to work. Again, I LOVE my job and I wanted to quit this night more than once.
Sunday - sleep, and back for night # 3. Luckily, they say bad luck comes in 3's - I've had my 3 so now I'm waiting for my stroke of goodness.
So that's just a quick recap. I'm glad its a new week and I have been given a fresh start. Hopefully this week will be much better and will not be near as drama filled! Hailey had to go to the Dr today - she has a sinus infection and a upper resp infection. And so it continues... sick kids, tired mommy. I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful!!! And I hope you have an even better week. I would like to promise that I will do better with blogging, but I make no promises. I will, however try! Thanks for sticking it out with me!

3 comments:

natalie said...

I'm sorry you had such a crappy week. I hope this one is better for you!

Long's Joyful Journey said...

praying for you! It's got to get better, right?

Tina said...

no matter how many times life sucker punches you, you manage to get back on your feet, ready to face the next obstacle. i know it can be exhausting at times and on some days (often, too many "some days" in a row) you ask yourself how much more you can take. chris, i promise - it won't always be this tough. just keep going - one foot in front of the other - lean on me if you get tired.