CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

I'm back....

...from the land of the living dead, that is. I have finally recovered (almost completely) from the "plague" that has haunted me for the last 2 mths. I know I'm being a bit dramatic, but I have felt miserable for far too long. I think we're all on the other side of the sickness and hopefully there will be no more (yeah right, but can't a girl dream?!?!)
Here's a quick update on the "goings on" at the Trotters...
*Reese has FINALLY mastered crawling. He's pulling up and will stand on his own for a few seconds... and you know what that means!! He started a new daycare this week and he LOVES it. He's smiling when I leave and smiling when I get there to pick him up - what more could I ask for? They love him - but what's not to love?!?! He still has NO teeth. This bothers me. Have any of you known an almost 11 mth old with NO teeth? He's learning new words everyday and is so full of personality.
*Samantha was Terrific kid last month at school. She's loving school and doing Upward cheerleading this winter. She loves it! She has asked Santa for a hamster. Although Santa initially refused to let another breathing, eating, pooping creature in our house, he has found a soft spot in his heart and will be delivering said creature Christmas Eve. It will be interesting to see how that's carried on the sleigh. (Shhh, its a secret!!)
*Hailey is Terrific kid this month at school. She's also loving school and also doing Upward cheerleading this winter. She asked for a "Barbie Doll House". So Santa has made her a 3 story house. Its huge and he has put ME in charge of putting all the pieces together - WooHoo! (Shhh, its a secret, too!!)
*Cory is doing as good as to be expected. Its the holidays, and he's having a hard time. But he's hanging in there. Just keep him in your prayers, the next month is going to be tough. Any cards you could send to him would be greatly appreciated...let me know if you are interested.
*I am good. I have my days. The holidays are hitting me harder than I had expected. I'm trying not to be a complete scrooge, but its just not the same without him. I still love my job, although the last few shifts have been trying. I look forward to 2009 because it means this rollercoaster will be half over!
So that's it for now. Nothing overly exciting going on in our house. I hope you all are enjoying your Holiday Season! Merry Christmas!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Hey Christan,
I am lurker on your blog! We go to church together and I had the girls this summer in VBS! Anyway, my son Peyton didn't get a tooth until he was one! I seriously took him to the doctor because I was afraid he didn't have any! (Hehe) But they did come through and I have been told that when they come in late they are stronger/better teeth. I don't know if they told me that just to make me feel better or what! So don't give up hope! Amy

Amanda said...

I would love to send Cory as card. Please send me his address! As always, you are in my thoughts and prayers! We need to do lunch again one day soon!Love ya girl!

Medic Mom said...

Amanda, I'll definitely send you his address. He'd love to hear from you! Amy, thanks for your words of encouragement. They doctors keep telling me that too, but I think they are just trying to ease my fears. I'm giving it another couple months, and then I'm considering dentures (lol)!

The Kinard family said...

Girl, you stand firm on the faith that God is going to bless you and Cory tremendously. Your attitude through all of this is amazing! Please know I am praying for you daily and praying for Cory's safety and strength!

Where did you end up putting Reese? I hope that is well!

The Kinard family said...

Girl, you stand firm that God is going to bless you and Cory! Your faith throughout all of this is amazing! Please know I am praying for you daily!

Where did you end up taking Reese? I hope it is going well!!

Medic Mom said...

Katie - Reese is at ICA with your kiddos. HE LOVES IT!!! Thanks for the info. Sorry I never called you back, but everytime I would remember, it would be like 2 am. I'm sure you understand!

Anonymous said...

i'm going to beat santa all the way back to the north pole. I hope santa's hamster comes with a return policy... j/k. why not get a smarter animal like a ferret? It's just a much bigger hamster.

love you!