CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Here's your sign

Yesterday, after I dropped Reese off at daycare, my heat went out in my car. Let me rephrase that, the fan broke the blows the heat (and air) in my car. I was so exhausted from working the previous night that I just cam home and went to bed - I'd brave the Kia Dealership later. So after I picked up the girls, we headed out to see what the problem was.
We enjoyed the new amenities at Kia of Greer for over 2 hours. The girls were wonderful, thank God and we got to get all the homework done. Mom picked up Reese, so that was another task accomplished. After watching 2 "Everybody loves Raymond" 's and 2 "King of Queens" 's, the Service lady comes in. Here was our conversation:
Lady: "Well Mrs. Trotter, it appears that you blew a fuse when you tried to use your rear windshield wiper."
Me: "Really, how could I have done that"
Lady: "Did you try to use it when it was frozen?"
Me: "No, I usually don't use it EVER because I forget its there."
Lady: "Well, we're not sure. It could have happened anytime and it just took it now to effect the other parts."
Me: "What does a fuse in the BACK of my car that runs the wiper have to do with the fan in the FRONT of my car that blows air?"
Lady: "Its all interconnected." (as she pulls out this "map" and tries to show me)
Me: "Okay, so what needs to be done to fix it? I have to have heat, I have 3 kids."
Lady: "Unfortunately, Fuses aren't covered in the Warranty."
Me: "Of course not, how convient."
Lady: "All total, its going to be about $175"
Me: "I'll take it to my own mechanic - he won't be near that much."
Lady: "Well, ma'am, we've already fixed it."
Me: "I didn't tell you to, so I'm not paying for it."
Lady: "You brought it to us"
Me: "Because I wanted you to tell me what was wrong, not fix it. You did that on your own accord, and I appreciate that. However, I do not feel like I should have to pay you for it."
*We went back and forth for over 15 min. To make a long story short, I only paid $25 for labor. As I pulled away from the store, I vowed to NEVER go back... and I'm still not convinced that was the problem, it just makes no sense to me.
So today I went up to CarMax to see about having another vehicle that I have done TONS of research on transferred here. Everything went really well until we got to the crunching numbers part. Here was that conversation:
Man: " Mrs. Trotter, we have found a company that would be happy to finance your new vehicle, but you will need to trade in your current vehicle and provide $12,000 for the down payment."
Me: "The asking price for the new car is only $13,000."
Man: "Yes ma'am."
Me: "Well if I could come up with $12,000 for a down payment, I might as well find the extra grand and pay it all and be done with it."
Man: "Yes ma'am. But that's a deal, considering you are upside down in your Kia."
Me: "Do I have something on my face?"
Man: "No ma'am." (he looked puzzle)
Me: "Good, I was afraid I had a sign on my forehead that said 'I am a woman, please take advantage of me'. You can keep your "deal" and your car. I'll take my business elsewhere."
Man: "Let me see what I can do."
Me: "No thank you. You would think that in todays economy, you would be bending over backwards to sell people a car. Beggars can't be choosers. Have a good day!"
*And I left. He called twice while I was driving home.
What is it with Car Dealers? So the search continues for my new car! And as for those wayward dealers - here's YOUR sign!

3 comments:

natalie said...

I can't stand car dealerships. Luckily, the last two guys we bought cars from (at Bensons in Greer) have been great. No BS. I actually looked at Kia in Greer before buying my Jeep, and they called me several times while I was at the Jeep dealership trying to get me to come back to them. No thank you!

TJ said...

Oh goodness! Dont you love how these things happen when our husbands are gone? Good luck :)

The Browns said...

Bless it!!!