CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

6 down, 6 to go

In the next couple of days we will roll past the half way mark of Cory's deployment. I'd like to say that it has flown by, but that would be a lie. Truth of the matter, at times it has seemed like I was rewinding certain days and reliving them and then at times it seemed like someone had pushed the pause button just out of spite. None-the-less, I have survived!!!
I am just getting over the stomach bug, again... I forgot what number this was. Hopefully I have done a good enough job of keeping it away from my family. The girls have their first game this weekend - they are cheerleading and are SOOOOOOO excited! I ordered a cake pan for Reese's 1st birthday party. Its a Soldier! I've decided in honor of Cory, we are going to have a soldier cake and a grenade (for his personal cake). I couldn't find anyone to do it for me, so my BFF Amy and I have decided we are going to give it a go together. Should be interesting, to say the least. I can't believe my baby is going to be a year old!
Cory is doing well. He's had several good days in a row. He's started to work out some and is slowing forming friendships with a few other soldiers. We saw him on the webcam this weekend. It was great! I think it did a lot for his morale (as well as ours). He looks so skinny and sick, but I know that can be fixed with some good food and good loving! I am so excited that we've made it through half of the deployment and hope that its all downhill from here.
I have applied for a part position in the hospital that I work for, I think it will be an AWESOME job for me. I'll give more details when I find out if I got the job or not! Lets just say its not a job that just anyone could do, but would be a perfect job for me! Any guesses?
I hope you all are doing well and recovering from the holiday season! Happy Blogging!

3 comments:

Annie said...

I am sorry you have been so sick!
I hope the next 6 months go faster.
We are looking forward to Reese's party.
I bet I know what the job is. . .well, I may not know exactly WHAT but I bet I know where in the hospital it is located. :) Not somewhere I would want to be.

The Browns said...

Praying that the next 6 months FLY by!

Mary said...

I soo wish I could say that. He is getting ready to leave in the next few weeks. (Feb 17th to be exact)