CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tuesday tidbits

So I copied the title from this blog, but I liked it and thought it was catchy! Annie, I'll send you the royalties! Anyway. We're back from the lake! We all survived, despite a few traumatic events for the girls! We had a great time and Cory and I have decided that will most likely be the place we retreat after he returns from A-stan. On that note, we've recieved official word (in writing) that Cory will deploy shortly after July 4th. Its all becoming real and I don't like it. Please say a prayer for him as this week will be hard as he begins to say goodbye to family and friends.
In housing news, our mortgage guy (bless his heart) told us Friday that our paperwork was with the underwriter so we should hear any day now. He has worked really hard for us and I am grateful that God has sent him to us!
In baby news, Gma and Big Daddy-the inlaws (those names will most likely change as Reese begins to talk) got to keep little man ALL night last night. I know this is a shocker for those who have heard how our (mine and the inlaws) relationship started. We've come a long way, and this was just another olive branch for me to extend. We dropped him by on the way home from the lake, yesterday. I only cried once last night. Cory and I got to go out to eat, to a movie (What happens in Vegas - a must see) AND to get ice cream at Marble Slab - yum! It was such a great time. And the perfect ending to a perfect night, I got to sleep ALL NIGHT and didn't get up until 9am this morning!
Today we plan to spend some time with just the girls. They have been so good about understanding that the baby takes more attention and have been real troopers! So today we are going to the ZOO!!! We love zoos! They are so excited! Then tonight we will meet the inlaws to pick up little man and eat dinner!
This is our last full week here in SC before we head back to TX. We plan to spend time with family and friends, allowing Cory to say goodbye and eat all the foods he loves the most! Forgive me if I do not post much, I'm sure you understand!

On a memorial note- Thank you to all the men and women who have served and continue to serve our country in the military! Your sacrifices often go unspoken, but for me - are never forgotten! And to the families of those same service men and women, thank you for your sacrifices! Without you, there would be no them! God bless you all!

0 comments: