CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

ABC's of me

Allergic reactions, Broken bones, & Chicken pox. Cory has been gone for exactly a week today. And in this week, I've managed to have some ailment with all three of my kiddos. Monday, Samantha broke her collar bone. Hailey is having an allergic reaction to some meds that's she's taking and has a very unpleasant rash. I took Reese to the Dr today to determine whether or not he has the chicken pox - and that is still up in the air. This is just week one. Its got to get better, right? I've gone back to work as well. The good part of all of this is that I'm so occupied with who needs what when I"m at home, I don't have time to think about how much I miss my love.
On that note, Cory is doing well. I've talked to him twice today - GASP!!! He's seen the Ortho doc. No surgery right now. But surprisingly, I am at peace with that. He's been given another option that in my book is just as good (if not better). I'm not going to discuss what that option is right now, as if I've learned anything from the Army, its been to not count your chickens before they hatch. But things are looking up everyday! GOD IS GOOD - ALL THE TIME!! Its so amazing to me that even though I know he knows I doubt him, he is ever so patient in revealing to me that it's all gonna work out. He humbles us everyday. I struggle with letting go, but he never gives up on me. Thank God for that!
On a side note, could you add to your prayer list the families of 4 more fallen soldiers. Sadly, I've lost count of the numbers of fatalities from our unit. I know its well over 10. I pray the Lord has "lifted their souls, and is healing the hurt" (from Carrie Underwood's "Just a dream" - a song that is absolutely gut wrenching but beautiful).
So that's it for now. I'm off to medicate the kids, clean the house and get dinner going! Have a wonderful weekend!

0 comments: