CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 19, 2008

I.C.E.

I 'm sure you all have heard of this, but I wanted to re-emphasize how important it is. I work in he E.R. at the "big" hospital here in the county and last night we had an incident where we weren't quite sure who to call for the pt. I'm not going to go into detail, even though the person was not technically a "patient" of ours. It was gut wrenching to know that there was no one to call at such a life altering time for this person. I know this is really vague, but I'm exhausted and about to go to bed. Here's what to do:
I.C.E. stands for "in case of emergency". In your wallet, purse, pocket, cell phone, whatever is with you ALWAYS, put a paper with numbers and names to call in case you are unable to call but you are having an emergency. In your cell, put ICE by the names of those who you'd like to call. I assure you, paramedics, police officers, AND staff at the ER will find this info and it will be VERY helpful. In a time you need the ones you love the most, but can't say who those people are - its good to know that those who don't know you will know how to connect with those who do!!! Have a great day!

4 comments:

Joy said...

I found your blog through a friend of a friend's blog. My husband is in Afghanistan too. He has been there not quite a month. I too moved back to be near family while my hubby is gone. It is comforting to read about someone else going through the same stuff I am.

Miss Vicious said...

I know how that all goes. I work in a hospital where i live.

Alli said...

Hey there! Thank you! I just put my ICE contact in my cell phone. I'll do that in Cory's too. :)

Tina said...

i didn't know that! i'm doing it right now. thanks chris.