CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 3, 2008

I AM still alive!

I know its been almost an entire week since I blogged. I've been a bit busy! Just wanted to let you guys know I am still alive. Here's a short list of what's been going on with us!
*We have gotten (sorry for the grammar, Annie) our entire living room/kitchen painted. Well almost - we're missing one wall. Our walls are green and blue -sounds ugly, but I LOVE the green and the blue was already there when we moved it (I didn't want to worry about covering it). The one wall has been left out because Cory has had a mishap (see below).
*The movers found the girl's bike that was missing. I can't remember if I shared this story or not with anyone, but the movers lost our side rails to the bed, legs to our dining room table AND Samantha's bike. They also broke several things and lost a few other miscellaneous items. Its been a nightmare, but the bike has been found and sometime next week we will have an 18 wheeler drive down our road to deliver one purple bike with training wheels - I hope to take pics, I"m sure it will be funny! (a claim will be filed for the rest of the broken/missing items)
*Reese's reflux has gotten (again, sorry Annie) worse. This is NOT a good sign, per the Pediatrician. Usually baby's begin to get better by now, but his is getting worse. He is on some medicine that helps, but if we miss a dose, we can definitely tell. This is making for some LONG nights for us all, plus its making him extremely clingy (more than usual). I feel so bad because I know what it feels like when I have heartburn, I can't even imagine what it must be thinking.
* Cory has hurt his shoulder (again). This is a pretty common occurence for us. He dislocates it on a semi regular basis (well, not regularly, but enough for us not to freak out when it happens). We went to the ER today and he is seeing an Orthopedist on Monday. We're not sure what is going to happen, but we do know that the doctors have all recommended surgery (at least the ones we've seen so far).
* Hailey was nominated to be the Assistant Student "Counselor" (that's what she calls it). She's on the student council is what it all boils down to. She's so proud! I'm not sure why she's the "assistant". I didn't realize that being on the student council was so demanding that they assigned you an assistant :). j/k
* Sam is working on her back hand spring and I am trying not to freak out everytime she falls. That's one of the bad things about being a Paramedic - I can just visualize her falling a breaking her neck and all the bad things that would happen because of that. When she's practicing, I'm constantly running through my ICE (in case of emergency) phone calls: 911, Mom, Amy, John, Traci. 911, Mom, Amy, John, Traci.
*Tonight began the girls Birthday festivities. They're actual Bday isn't until Tues, but no matter how hard we try to keep it low key, it always turns into a long week!!
* The dogs have made the move to the new house (as well as EVERY fire ant in SC - or so it seems). The dogs aren't happy about not being able to see out of the fence (its a privacy fence), and the ants aren't too happy that we keep trying to kill them. Hopefully the dogs will settle in soon and as for the ants, hopefully they will hibernate or do whatever they do soon!!! (what's up with them this year, has anyone else had issues and what did you do?)
*Cory is supposed to leave this week and I am supposed to go back to work. Monday we will find out if Cory is leaving now or later and believe it or not, I'm kind of ready to go back to work! I have really enjoyed the time with my hubby and kids, but I LOVE my job (I truly do), so I'm kind of ready to go back to the "nut hut"!
So that's about it for us! Please pray for Reese that God will give him comfort and that the Dr will figure out what the problem is soon, I know his esophagus has got to be screaming!! Please pray for Cory, that he will find some relief from the pain and that the Drs will make the right decision for treatment (and while you're praying, pray that Cory's Rear Detachment cooperates with whatever outcome and doesn't make things more difficult). Pray for the girls as they are "finding themselves" in their seperate activities. I have been so blessed and I hope you all are doing well. God bless everyone and everything - except those fire ants, UGH!!!

0 comments: