CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 27, 2007

In sickness and in health...

Cory and I have put our vows to the test this year as yesterday was our 1st wedding anniversary!! We've been for richer and poorer (thanks to the US Army), for better or worse (again, thanks Uncle Sam) and our most recent "in sickness and in health" was yesterday. Yep, you heard it - yesterday was plagued by sickness. Cory and I had been looking forward to celebrating our day because Pappy was in town with the girls and we knew it would be one of the last days we would have for a while where were "truly" alone. But as luck would have it, Cory came home from PT early sick as a dog. He climbed in the bed by about 730am and did not get out of bed til 1230 today. He was soooooo sick. The girls had the bug on the 23rd and 24th, so we figured it would only be a matter of time before Cory got it. We just didn't think it would happen on our anniversary! So Cory spent his day knocked out in the bed and I spent the day on the couch. Pappy took the girls to the movies and to the park but graciously invited me to dinner with them. So we ate at Red Lobster - YUM!!!!!!! I felt so bad for Cory as he was pitiful! He survived it though - and I think its out of our system now. I just hope Pappy doesn't take it home with him.
Cory and I made up for our bummed day today, though. Pappy took the girls to part 2 of what promises to be a triple feature week as far as movies are concerned, so Cory and I headed out of the house around 3pm. We went for a small lunch, for me to get my eyebrows waxed - ouch!, and then to a movie - I Am Legend (with Will Smith) -- a MUST SEE MOVIE!! We then headed to Olive Garden for dinner and some Sparkling Grape Juice - YUMMO!! It was great. We don't do date nights near as often as we should - so it was really nice to spend some alone time with some adult conversation! We were going to go and check out some Christmas lights, but I am absolutely exhausted, so we just decided to turn in for the night! I have a wonderful blog I hope to post about our year soon, just not now as I am soooo tired.
We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I know we did. Very low key, but I don't think I could have handled anymore. By the way - does anyone have any ideas on the messiest/ most annoying toy for a 2 year old? My wonderful brother and sister in law graciously gave our girls a dog that POOPS for Christmas and I just want to return the favor!!!! LOL~ we love you guys!

2 comments:

Annie said...

I promise I did not know those dog's pooped. I just saw that it was a cute Barbie that came with a dog. :) Sorry!

The Browns said...

Isn't it just like an aunt to get pooping dogs? Give HG a pack of sharpies next year!