CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 17, 2007

Makes me smile

I remember when I began working at Spartanburg EMS last summer and the "news" broke that Cory and I were dating. I was told by several people to "watch out" for Cory - one person in particular (who shall remain nameless due to lurkers upon this blog). I never really take into stock what "scorned lovers" or the family of such say because very few people leave a warm and fuzzy feeling with their exes. Anyway. This person said that she knew first hand that Cory did not want kids - ever and so she knew things would not work out for us because I had kids. I was merely a "rebound". Like I said, I never put stock into these comments. I told Cory and we just kind of laughed (and still do). I remember so many times people told me that I was just something to pass his time and to keep my heart guarded. I knew that those people would never understand what Cory and I have. I say all this to say that everytime I look back on what those people said to me, it just makes me smile. If only they could see us now!!!
Cory and I are coming up on our one year wedding anniversary next week and I can honestly say that I am more in love with him now than I was a year ago - I never knew that was possible!!! My mom made the comment the other day that she knew my brother was in love with Annie when he would eat lettuce for her and that I was in love with Cory when I would tolerate his dipping habit ( I know that's gross, but that's a different post all together). And she was right. I love everything about him - from his night terrors that keep me up most nights to the way his eyes light up everytime I walk into a room!! As cliche' as it sounds - he completes me!!! I could blog for days about the things I love about him and the reasons I am so in love, but I'll save that for our actual anniversary!
As for Cory not wanting kids... obviously he just didn't want kids with any of "them" (and Thank God for that - I don't need any other ties to THAT drama). If they could only see the light in his eyes when he talks about Reese and the girls; or see the big goofy grin he gets when Reese kicks him in response to his voice... It warms my heart more than anyone will ever know!

3 comments:

Haley said...

This is such a sweet post! No one will ever be able to take those sweet memories away from you!

Yes, I met your dad Friday! He was such a sweetheart! I talk to him on the phone all the time, and when we finally got to meet, we realized how small of a world it really is!

Annie said...

That was sweet! It is hard to believe it has already been a year.

natalie said...

I know how those people are. There was one girl that Chad works with who left him a voicemail right before we got married basically saying that he shouldn't go through with the marriage. Her marriage didn't work out so I guess she thought our's wouldn't either...plus I think she had a thing for Chad. He played the message for me, and we both laughed. Now we're coming up on 3 years.