CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Thursday Thirteen on Wed

I know I have been total slack with blogging lately. I don't really have any valid excuses. I'm gonna do my Thursday Thirteen tonight because I can't promise how I'll be feeling tomm.
My Thursday Thirteen this week is an update on what's been going on in our house lately.

1) Reese is weighing in at 4 lbs 10 oz and that was LAST Monday. I swear he has at least doubled in the last week. I'm not counting on making it to my due date 2/7. I'll be satisfied with the middle of January.

2) Cory received official word that he is on Rear Detachment (he gets to stay here at Fort Hood) while his unit goes to Cali for NTC. This is a MAJOR answered prayer. Now we know he will not miss Reese's birth!

3) We've decided not to decorate the outside of our house. We made this decision for many reasons; lack of money, time, energy and the full "Christmas spirit". We are proud to say that we are the ONLY people in our cul de sac with no outside decorations, but luckily Cory and I enjoy being different.

4) I am having a really hard time sleeping lately. I can't sleep for more than about 45 min to and hour at a time. Reese is running out of room and likes to remind me on a regular basis.

5) I am dreading Christmas for the first time in my life. I know its going to be a hard day for me as I am away from Family and friends. My Step Dad John will be flying out Tuesday night, so maybe that will help out! Plus, I am with my AWESOME husband and fiesty girls, so I'm trying to look at the bright side.

6) All of our Christmas presents are bought and under the tree (well except for one)!!!

7) Cory got his Christmas/Anniversary present early. He just couldn't wait. He traded in his Playstation2 and some games for a XBOX 360. He also got a couple of games he really wanted and the stuff for him to do XBOX Live on the internet. He's like a kid again!!!

8) Tomorrow is the girls last day of school for 2007, and its a half day!!!!

9) We finally got a Car seat for Reese. I've been totally slack on "nesting". Hopefully we will acquire all the other goodies soon!!

10) Some one told Samantha and Hailey that Santa only puts you on the "naughty" list if you can't write your name good. This annoys me and almost makes me want to dispell the myth of it all. If it were up to Cory, we would have already set the record straight. I'll let you know how that all turns out!

11) The weather in Texas has been CRAZY! It can't decide what it wants to do!

12) Cory has been working 1/2 days this week as he is one of the few that didn't take leave for Christmas break. We are saving up his days for when Reese gets here.

13) I am currently working on a blog (in my mind at least) about the insanity I've seen on the Today show the last few days - be sure to check that out in the next day or two!!

So there you have it!! Totally random. Just hang in there with me while I fight through the lack of sleep and extreme fatigue!! I promise it will get better!

2 comments:

natalie said...

I got Chad a PS2 for Christmas. I expect that he'll be a big kid on Christmas day too.

Annie said...

Okay, this promises to be a long comment. haha
1. Reese is going to so many sweet baby fat rolls! I can't wait!

2. That is wonderful news!

3. You make me laugh with your "being different." The outside of our house is decorated, but it is low key (wreaths and white lights). Your brother believes "less is more." I think I agree when it comes to Christmas decorations. The people across the street won "Best Dressed house" in the neighborhood. Hannah loves it, but I think it's obnoxious.

4. I remember those days. Hannah didn't let me get much sleep in the end either. I used to take baths.

5. I am sorry you are dreading Christmas. We will miss you very much. Enjoy your special time with your husband and girls. Also, we are going to send Hailey and Samantha's presents with John.

6. You are better than me. Brian and I have gotten some, but we are planning to finish when your mom and John get here Saturday so we can leave Hannah with them.

7. Boys will be Boys.

8. I hope you survive Christmas break! :)

9. What does it look like?

10. That's crazy!

11. Here too.

12. 1/2 days are good.

13. Looking forward to it.