CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 21, 2008

Almost perfect

We're in Charleston. We came down for the weekend to visit Brian and Annie and Hannah. We've had such a great time and it has really allowed me to get away and stay busy. We went to Waterfront Park on Saturday. I was able to run into a local candy store to get Cory some of his most favorite candy for the care package I'm getting together (but shhhhh, its a surprise!!!) - thanks Annie! We then sat and ate some watermelon - boy does Reese love watermelon! I cried a little standing on the pier, because it was perfect - well almost perfect!
Sunday we went to church; and might I add, if you are ever in the North Charleston area and are looking for a church, I recommend Riverbluff!! It was great! Great music, great sermon, welcoming people, laid back enviornment, "come as you are" dresscode. and the best part - they have a CRY ROOM! I sat in there with Reese and its sound proof, so Reese making noise wasn't a bother, but they feed the sound into the room, so I didn't miss any of the service. I wish there was a "Riverbluff"' in the Upstate! I'm searching for that kind of enviornment for our family! Then we headed out to the Beach! For everyone who doesn't know my feelings about the beach, I have a major dislike for the beach. I have only been with the girls to the beach twice (including this time). Its hot, crowded, sandy and when you get out of the ocean, you are sticky and dirty!! I leave the beach and have to take a shower! But the kids had a good time. Reese loved the water rushing over his feet. It wasn't overly hot, not too terribly crowded. Almost perfect (as perfect as the beach can get)!!
Today we headed over to the water park - now we're talking!! The forecast was that it was going to be the hottest day of the summer. But it wasn't. It was pleasantly overcast. Reese LOVES the water, so he was in good spirits all day. The girls are just tall enough to do EVERYTHING there and we did. They had such a good time. Best part - today was Military Monday, so we got in for 1/2 price!!! Thank you US ARMY. I felt a little bad though because we got in because my hubby is suffering in Astan! Tonight we're having Annie's four cheese lasagna - YUM!!!
This weekend has been almost perfect - perfect family, perfect food, perfect weather, perfect activities, perfect attitudes (for the most part), perfect get away. The only thing missing - my soldier! We missed you Honey!!!
*I'll be posting pics once I make it back to the Upstate! Be sure to stop back by and check them out!

3 comments:

natalie said...

I'm glad that y'all had a good time. Call me sometime when you get back so that we can get together.

Anonymous said...

Still checking in to make sure you're alright. Sounds like a great weekend. :)

Carly said...

Christan, I wanted to suggest our church - www.spartanburgcommunitychurch.com
There is no crying room, but you can watch the service from the lobby. They have great programs for kids as well that your girls would love. It is a baptist church. We really enjoy it there!