CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Hidden blessings

So I've talked to Cory today and things seem to be much better!!! He's made it out to his COP safely and seems to be in relatively good spirits. He's found some hidden blessings in all the chaos. He's found a Bible in the aid station and has already begun to read some uplifting things!! I already feel a great deal of peace today, thank you for your uplifting words and prayers! Cory has a new address, so if I've given you his address, please let me know so I can give you the new one! Thank you, God, for never giving up on me although sometimes it may seem that I've given up on you! You are all knowing and everything works for your glory! I believe that in my heart, its just that sometimes my head gets in the way!!! I love you, Lord and I am forever grateful for the blessings you have given us, especially the hidden ones!!!

3 comments:

Tina said...

God is, indeed, good. Glad to see things are better for you, honey.

Hugs,

Tina

dsquil said...

My name is Dana and I'm a journalist for FIRST magazine. Currently, I'm working on a story about the show "Army Wives," and I'm looking for real-life army wives to feature as well.

We're looking for their best original tips/strategies for dealing with the stress of raising a family, balancing the house/work, etc while your significant other is away or just dealing with the stress of it in general. We're also looking for a woman who is experiencing pregnancy (or has in the past) while enlisted.

I was curious to know if you, or anyone you know, would be interested in participating in the article? If you could let me know, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks and looking forward to your response!

Best,

Dana

-------------
Dana Squilla
First Magazine
Editorial Assistant

Bauer Publishing
270 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
Tel: 201.569.6699 x249
Fax: 201.569.6264
dsquilla@bauerpublishing.com
www.myfirstforwomen.com

Anonymous said...

I was just reading your blog and thought I'd share this video; it's a friend's little sisters singing a song she wrote for her boyfriend before he left for Iraq for a second tour (he left Friday, July 25 2008; the video was filmed the night before). She's 18, he's 20...beautiful song of love and appreciation.
The link to the video on you tube is below, or you can search 'kelsey westfall' on you tube. Have some kleenex ready...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs1kFqnCbNY