CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Never Goodbye

Yesterday was definitely the hardest day of my life, to date. Leaving Cory standing in the airport absolutely ripped my heart out. I will spare the details as they are too painful for me to relive and now my focus must be surviving the upcoming year. I still get teary eyed just thinking of him; so if you see me, please overlook my puffy eyes and lack of make up!! Today is Thursday - Day 2. And I'm gonna dedicate my Thursday 13 to my hero, my soldier, my husband!!! I am really going to try and focus on the positive this year, and not be consumed with all the "what if's?". So my Thursday 13 is a list of things I hope to get done while Cory is serving his country. He will be busy fighting for our freedom, so I hope to keep busy improving our lives!!! As I am counting down the days for his return, so will I countdown my list!
13. Lose weight. Cory will be spending a good bit of time working out in his downtime and I have resolved to not let him come back to an overweight slob.
12. Cut out the carbonation. Cory will not be able to have carbonated beverages where he is, so I have vowed to give them up as well. I'm hoping this will help some with #13. So if you see me out, keep me accountable.
11.Decorate our new house. Cory has given me free reign over the house (except for our room, he wants to help with that).
10. Join a good support group; maybe a good prayer group or just a group of ladies who will meet with me to pray with and for me.
9. Keep the kids busy. Not only will this pass the time quickly, but it will be a good distraction.
8. Trade in our car. I need something a little more gas efficient and a lower payment.
7. Expand my cooking abilities. I want Cory to come home to a more eclectic menu than just Hot Dogs and Spaghetti!!!
6. Find a really good bible study. I haven't done one in a long while, and I want to really find something that fulfills my needs!
5. Write tons and tons of letters. I have sat down and wrote numerous letters since middle school, so I've got to get out the old pen and paper and get to it. I can't decide if I want to keep a journal of my life over the next year or share daily with Cory in letters.
4. Make tons of care packages. You can get free boxes (flat rate) and all the paper work you need to send stuff internationally at usps.com. So I have 4 LARGE boxes sitting in the floor full of supplies. If you want to get a box together for Cory, please let me know. I have everything you need and I would love to help you show my soldier some love!!!
3. I am going to be obsessed with my cell phone for the next year. It is my closest link to my love and I plan on being available any time he's able to call.
2. PRAY. He is in God's hands. And God is the only one who can truly give me peace.
1. LOVE MY MAN!!!!! There's a hole in my heart, but I am still full of love for the man I married. There's no one else I would rather be with and I will patiently await his return (maybe not so patiently sometimes).

I have a list already of things I'd like to accomplish over the next year, hopefully as the pain of him leaving begins to subside I will find the motivation to get started. Please continue to keep us in your prayers!!

TO MY HUSBAND: (if he ever reads this)
I love you more today than yesterday and will love you more tomorrow. I am so proud of you and I know God will keep you safe. I can't wait til the day I can hold you in my arms once again and never let go! Focus on your mission, I've got things under control here. Remember our Psalm and Ruth 1:16 & 17. To the end of numbers and NEVER GOODBYE, just see ya later!!! Love, ME

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a good woman. Cory and the kids are lucky to have you. :)

Haley said...

Girl, I am sitting here crying with you! It won't be long before you will be hugging your precious husband again and saying "Gosh this year went by so fast!" Much luck with completing your list!

The Browns said...

Lifting you all up today and in the coming weeks and months!!!

Jessi said...

My heart aches for you. And I'm sorry you are having to go through this. I just pray that the time passes quickly for you and your family.