CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 11, 2008

Not any easier

Its official. Cory has left the US, deployment has begun. Cory left the Hood around 12 am this morning. He called when they stopped in Maine to refuel. He sounded ok. Just tired. Cory hates flying because since he was a young boy, he's had ear problems. Any slight alteration in air pressure and he is in excruciating pain. So the ascent and descent are always a nightmare. He's learned a few tricks to help, but nothing makes it completely better. He said the descent into Maine was horrible. But thanks to the wonders of Ativan, he slept through rest of the flight. He sayed he'd call me before they took off again, but I guess he didn't have the chance. Surely they are gone by now. I'm certain he's over the Atlantic as we speak, snoozing away. They have a brief layover in Ireland and then its off to the real deal. Please pray for Cory as he flys that God will give him comfort and keep him safe.
Day 3 is not any easier. I still wake up wanting to throw up and sleep is scarce. I'm sure I look like a zombie with my puffy eyes, red nose and glazed over eyes. I've been told that it gets easier as the days goes by, but when. I still cry everytime I hear his voice! I could never have imagined this would be so hard. Please keep praying for me!
The kids are doing well. They talked to Daddy last night. Hailey cried when she talked to him, which was suprising. She's usually the one who keeps her emotions hidden. Of course Cory broke down after hearing her sob! But I'm still conviced that it was better to do it over the phone than in person! I don't think any of us could have handled it! Samantha has taken on the responsibility to make sure Reese knows who Daddy is. She talks to him about Cory all the time!! Its so sweet. Reese is of course oblivious. But anytime you say "Daddy", his eyes get huge and he looks around. Last night I let Cory talk to him on the phone and as soon as Reese heard his voice he looked for him and then just smiled and babbled back! Of course, I cried. He loves his Daddy. They all do. I'll never be able to fill his shoes!
I'll be sure to post when I hear that he's in country. Please pray for him and the other soldiers. Everyone's taking it pretty hard, but I think they've all just about reached the point that they are just ready to go and get it over with! If you'd like to write or send a care package to Cory, please let me know. I can give you his address and regulations on what's permitted. He would love to hear from as many people as would write!!! Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Time will go by faster than you realize. I can't place myself in your shoes to know how hard this must be but remember that GOD is in charge and will carry you all thru this next year. Come see us. I'd love to meet Reese. Love and prayers, Wendy

Amanda said...

It makes me want to cry just reading your post. I really do feel your pain! Reading this takes me back to when Shane left and I know he will be doing again:( I am thinking of you, Cory, and the kids. My prayers are with you all!!! I am here for you if you need to talk, cry, or just have someone of the other end of the phone. You are welcome to call me ANYTIME!!! I promise, it will get BETTER!!! It never gets easier, but better. The first couple of weeks is the hardest, and then again the first couple weeks after R&R. You and the kids will get in your own routine and you will be ok. I promise!! Just STAY BUSY as possible! Don't sit in the house all day and have time to think. It makes things harder. If you stay busy you want have as much time to think. Nights are the hardest to "get use to" I guess you could say. I slept with one of Shane's teeshirts and on his pillow. I also let the girls sleep with me. That helped me not feel so lonely. It is a hard thing to break, but at the time it's worth it. And cry all that you need to cry. Don't hold it in for it only makes things worse. Again, you know I'm here for you!! My thoughts and prayers are with you!!! GOD BLESS!!!!

Varner Party of 3 said...

Hang in there. Soon, you're going to have a lot of family around you to support you and help you through this. You can do it. You're strong.

ABW said...

Hang in there and stay busy! We are 4 months into it today....slowly but surely we are making it.

Breanne said...

Hi. I just stumbled upon your blog. I know how hard it can be! My husband got back in December from his 15 months over there and now have just found out he will be going back. I will add yall to my prayer list. What a lovely familty!!