CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday Madness

Just wanted to take a moment and update you guys on what's happening here in the "Hood". Reese is cutting teeth (or so I think). He's miserable and nothing really seems to help him. I'm doing Tylenol, OraGel, Teething rings, and I've even gone so far as to stick my fingers in his mouth (cleaned of course) to massage his gums. He's even more clingy that usual (that means I can do NOTHING without him) and doesn't want to sleep. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do? He's pitiful and I'm exhausted!!!
Cory is busy getting ready to deploy. He's getting vaccinations for all sorts of fun stuff like Anthrax & Small Pox and is starting his regimen of Malaria pills today. They've pushed his leave date back a few days so I get to spend some more time loving on him before he goes - OH YEAH!! He's getting nervous as we've heard that the advanced party (that left a few weeks ago) has already had to use their weapons when they were attacked while convoying to the FOB (base where they will live). However, we both seem to have a peace about the whole deployment thing - which makes our last days together much more enjoyable. We know that its in God's hands and what will be will be - why worry about it now! Its hard to believe that its only a few weeks away!!
The girls are having a blast with Grammie and Pappie! They are attending a day camp at a local church and LOVE IT!!! They have also been taking swim lessons - they jumped off the diving board into the deep end with NO life jacket! (Can I just add here that I am sad that I didn't see this, but glad as well because I have become quite the neurotic mother here lately!) I am so proud of them and miss them terribly, but luckily they are staying busy!
Thanks to the generosity of Cory's parents (or it may be that because Reese has been fussy everytime they've talked to us), the dogs will fly out of Austin on Friday, our car will be picked up for transport on the 7th and I will fly out of here on the 9th! This has taken so much stress off Cory and I because now we don't have to worry about me driving 17 hours with the baby and two dogs! I think Cory's dad realized that it would be a trip from Hell since Reese absolutely hates his car seat now. Either way - I love it and feel truly blessed to have such a wonderful family that is willing to do whatever it takes to get us home safely and quickly!
We've got house guests again - but this time they are AWESOME!!! Its one of Cory's friends in his unit and his wife, Donna! I'm glad to have another Army wife here with me to deal with the chaos - and to have an extra pair of hands to help me pack!!
On that note - I've packed NOTHING! I hate packing and unpacking. I always put it off until the very last chance!!! The movers will be here next Thursday - YIKES!!! Maybe tomorrow I'll get busy! :)
The house buying is idle right now. Our mortgage broker is on vacation until this weekend. But everything has gone smoothly. Inspections are done, appraisals are done, processing paperwork is done, now we just wait for the bank to do what they are going to do! I am so excited and can't wait to move in (get ready to come for a visit - I need someone to keep me busy)!
So that's it. We're just busy trying to prepare ourselves for the upcoming transition. Hope you all are doing well - I've noticed we've all been slack with blogging (must be the summer). Have a great week!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your blog this week. I've read the entire thing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the new house and praying for your husband's safety while he's in Afghanistan.

Happy packing!!