CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Texas, Tricare, Travels

Yesterday, the girls, Reese and I loaded up the Kia to head to G'ville for a little bit. By the time I hit 85, I realized there was NO AIR blowing. The air was out. I've only had this vehicle for one year and this is the 2nd time this has happened! So I called the Kia Dealership and told them they HAD to work me in because we are leaving for Texas today and 17 hours in the car with a 4 month old with NO AIR is just not do-able! They worked me in, thank God and fixed it for FREE (boy, do I love that word). We're leaving tonight - YUCK!
While we were at the Kia place waiting, I got a call from our new mortgage lady (long story), WE'VE BEEN APPROVED!!! Yes, you read that right! After 3 long months and many tears and losing my religion a couple of times, someone has finally redeemed my faith in the banking business. Hopefully by close of business today, we'll have signed a new contract on our house and can go back to Texas with confidence that we have a home when we return! Praise GOD!
So today I wake up and Reese has a fever; just my luck! He was a bit fussy yesterday and felt warm, but I thought he could wait til we got back to see a Dr. After 2 hours of him screaming this morning, I made the decision to try and see our Pediatrician here. Anyone who has dealt with Tricare knows what a pain it is to see a Dr. who isn't your PCM. After an hour on the phone with Tricare, Dr. Shelley, and our PCM at Fort Hood, we've finally got an appointment for this afternoon. I don't think its anything bad, I just want to make sure before we hit the road tonight!
So that's the excitement for us today. Cory's sleeping to prepare himself for the trip home. I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off; packing, holding fussy baby, and making sure everything is squared away here for the girls since I will be gone for at least a month. I'll try to post an update on Reese before I leave, if not, once I settle back in in the Hood, I'll be sure to post!!! Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

natalie said...

Congratulations on being approved for your loan. I know how relieved you must be to get that over with. I'm sorry that Reese isn't feeling well. I hope y'all have a safe trip back to Texas, and I'll see you again soon!

Haley said...

First, CONGRATULATIONS on your approval!! That is so exciting!! Its all down hill from here!!

2nd - I work with insurance companies at my job, and Tricare has to be one of my LEAST favorite!!

3rd - Dr. Shelley is WONDERFUL, I am so glad y'all got to see her!

4 - Have a safe trip home!! :)

Kelly said...

Congrats on your house success!! I know you are super excited! :-)