CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Quick Recap

I just realized I haven't posted since Tuesday and I'm sure you're all sick of seeing that MeMe. Sorry, we've been super busy trying to load up all our time with fun stuff to make the most of our leave. So here's a quick recap: Wednesday was a lazy day interrupted by crisis at the Harter house that involved a strange man with a Dawn dish detergent bottle. I went and hung out so that I could "deal with him" if he came back. Thursday, we headed out to Sam's Club (note to self: must buy membership ASAP), WalMart and then the girls had their first Horse riding lessons (bartered for John's BBQ, I might add); then it was off to the Traynham's for dinner. We had such a wonderful time and met the breeders of our future German Shepards!!! Friday we went out to Old Mexican (as the girls call it) with one of Cory's most faithful and dearest friends, Trevor and his family. Saturday, Cory got up SUPER early to go to the shooting range with Trevor. Amy and I headed out to G'vegas to do a little shopping; Reese, bless his heart was miserable (he's like his daddy, he hates shopping). Then we headed over to Jon and Lori's for dinner - fun times!! Then today, Sunday, after a great service where the church was gracious enough to pray for Cory and I specifically during their prayer time, we headed out to Starr (that's where Cory's from) for a family dinner in Cory's honor. I ate so much that I don't think I'll eat for at least a couple of days. It was great, but kind of sad as Cory had to say goodbye to his family for at least a year! Tears were shed, hugs were plentiful, and the food and fellowship were priceless!!
So that's it in a nutshell. I'm off to bed as I am EXHAUSTED!! I have done really well with taking pictures, so I can't wait to post some for everyone to see!! Hope you all had a great weekend!
Hopefully tomm will bring good news about the house situation - we've got our finger's crossed!
Have a great week!

1 comments:

Annie said...

I am glad you guys have enjoyed your time! I wish we could have been there more. If gas were cheaper, at least Hannah and I could have made a couple trips back and forth. I really liked how we used to come and go, and I don't like feeling trapped now. Anyway, we love and are praying for you!