CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Death, Deployment, Diamonds and Dogs

This is a bit of a hodge podge blog. So bear with me!
First - I want to send up a prayer and ask that you guys do as well. Our dear friend, Zach got word today that his Grandmother (who raised him) has had a massive heart attack and stroke and is not doing well. Last we heard she had no brain activity and was on a breathing tube. Zach and his wife Brittany will be leaving Fort Hood tonight to drive to Alabama to be by her side. This is very hard on him. Please pray for their safe travels and that God will give them peace - no matter what the outcome!
Second - We received OFFICIAL word yesterday that Cory will deploy to Afghanistan in mid June. Exact dates cannot be released due to security. Word is they will be going to Camp Blessing - the most dangerous place in A-stan. I will be posting more on this and how it is already taking a toll on our family! Please pray for us as we are learning how to cope with this all!!
Third - Our other dear friend Jeremy Shepler is proposing to his girlfriend, Elizabeth, tonight. She has NO idea. We are so excited. I have personally prayed for Shepler that God will give him a special lady because he is such a special man!!! I can't wait to hear how he actually did it and see the ring! We love you guys!!
Lastly - I took Gus (my dog) to the groomer today. He needed a haircut! I'll be posting pictures of him in the next day or so - check back, they'll be cute!!

I hope you all are having a good weekend!! We'll be home in less than a week. Can you feel my excitement?!?!?!

2 comments:

Varner Party of 3 said...

The countdown has begun! I can't wait to see that sweet little boy.

Don't you find it ironic that the most dangerous place in A-stan is called Camp "Blessing"? Real positive, huh?

And what are your plans for Gus while y'all are here?

Medic Mom said...

Kristi-
Yes, it is quite ironic that the camp is called "Camp Blessing". I guess maybe its seen as a blessing to live through it, huh?!? Gus and Mollie will stay here with one of Cory's joes while we are home! I wasn't paying for them to fly too - its ridiculous the amount of tickets for pets! See ya soon!