CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Letting go....

I have a confession to make... I am a COMPLETE control freak!!! I know this is shocking to some of you (lol). I always want to have my hands in EVERYTHING. I am a "fixer". If those around me have a problem - no matter what it is, I want to fix it! I think that it helps me keep my mind off of my own issues sometimes. As our one year mark of being here at Fort Hood approaches, I am reflecting on how much I've had to "let go". I will spare you all the "letting go" I've done. The fact of the matter is that I have much more "letting go" to do. This week has been one of most stressful weeks of my life. I've been a single mother of twins for 5 years, planned a wedding in 2 weeks, worked full time and gone to school full time for 7 years, I've moved to Texas, moved IN Texas in 2 days, bought a car, birthed 3 babies, lived the life of an Army wife, dealt with Cory's past, and now I'm dealing with Cory's pending deployment. That's a lot of stress in my 25 years, and I'm sure I've left out A LOT. But those things have proven to be minor compared to what I've facing now. I have had more anxiety in the last 5 days than I have had my entire life, I'm sure. I am learning the true meaning of "letting go". I have no control over the outcome of this issue. I've done all I can do, and it is completely out of my hands now. "What is it?" You ask. What could be so stressful? What could make me want to relive ALL of the things I listed 100 more times before I ever do this again? Well, its buying a house. Cory and I have found a house in the Lyman area that we are ABSOLUTELY in LOVE with. We looked at several while we were home, but when we walked into this one, we just knew. But now its up to God!!! I've done all I know to do and I'm trying to let go. I know that its all in his hands now!!! Am I being mellow-dramatic or do you guys feel the same way? Were you guys this stressed when buying your house? I'm gonna save the details in an effort not to jinx anything. But I will be sharing as soon as we receive the final word! Will you please pray for us (really me) as we wait to hear the word? Pray for my nerves and my sanity and that God will give me peace no matter what the outcome - as I will be crushed if we do not get this house!!! Also pray that God will give me a peace about letting go!! I need all the help I can get! Thanks guys!!!

2 comments:

natalie said...

I know how you feel about buying a house. We were lucky the first time we bought a house because it went so smoothly. The second time, we fell in love with a house & were outbid at the last minute. We offered on another house, and they didn't want to budge. The house we bought is great & was a really good deal, but it wasn't our first (or second) choice. I think we looked at every house in District 5 either online or in person. I hope everything works out for you!

Annie said...

We will be praying for you. Buying a house is very stressful. I remember the first time we got approved in Greenville, such a weight was lifted, and then we moved and had to go through it again because we needed so much more money for the same size house here. I remember asking Brian every day, "Have you heard from Mr. Mortgage Guy?" I was pretty on edge. Then when it came time to close on our house, there was a paperwork miscommunication between the mortgage company and the lawyers. I thought I was going to kill someone. When Brian went to the closing, he said he felt sick all day just because it was such a big step. So, it is a very stressful time. Just trust the Lord, He has the perfect plan for you guys. (I know that is easier said than done)