CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tuesday Turmoil

I'm taking a break from the chaos my life has become and will be for the next couple of months. Its only Tuesday and I am longing for Friday!!! News of Cory's deployment has already hit us and effected us in different ways. The girls are not sleeping well - and anyone who knows my girls knows they LOVE sleep. This morning they woke up at 0515 and were dressed and ready to go to school by 0530. It was really wierd as I am usually begging them to get out of bed on school days!!! I hope they don't get into the habit of this. I hope Reese will one day sleep through the night and I don't want to have to worry about the girls waking up before the crack of dawn!
With the news of the deployment also made us put house hunting into high gear! John has been looking around since December, but because we didn't know if/when Cory would go, we couldn't really look seriously. Now we are in crunch time. We only have a little over 2 months to find a house, make an offer, and close before the kids and I will need to be in it! I know I'm known for doing things unconventionally, but buying a house from 1000 miles away is HARD and stressful. Making several phone calls to brokers/realtors/banks who all need different documentation is wearing on my nerves. I try to rest during the day because I'm up all night, but now that's out! I have to use "business hours" to get stuff done for the house!!! I know I'll make it and it will all be worth it - Thanks, John, for all your help!!!
I am SO ready to be in SC. Coming home is a double edged, SHARP sword. On one hand, I will be back in my comfort zone where I belong. On the other hand, I will be without my husband for 15 months, and our kids will be without there Daddy. Its going to be so hard and my days are now consumed with lingering thoughts of just how difficult this all will be. Honestly, I'm terrified. I try to be strong for Cory and the kids, but there are times I just want to lock myself in the bathroom and cry! I just keep holding onto the fact that once his deployment is over, our nightmare called the Army will be over. And the fact that I will be surround by the ones who love me most is a great comfort too!!
On a lighter note, why is it that I can finds TONS of cute girl clothes in stores but almost NO cute boy clothes? I have been to several places looking for something cute for Reese to wear on Sunday with NO luck. It makes me angry to see RACKS and RACKS of adorable girl clothes and one of mediocre boys clothes. What's up with that?!?!
Sorry this is so random, my mind is all over the place. Happy Tuesday!!

6 comments:

Annie said...

Brian and I will be praying for you during this transition time and always for Cory's safety, and we will be there for you in any way we can. I would love to have the girls come spend some time in Chuck town. I can take them to the beach since we all know that isn't your favorite place (and you can take Hannah to the zoo since I am not a fan of that). We are 3 1/2 hours away, but we look forward to Hannah getting to know her cousins again and her new baby cousin.
You have no idea how much admiration I have for soldiers. I truly believe that if we (Americans) were not over there, the terrorists would bring this war to us. I am so thankful that because of them and because of their strong families, I am able to let Hannah play in a back yard that is not a war zone, and I am able to drive across the Cooper River Bridge without fear that this will be the day the Taliban will decide to over-take the ports in Charleston. I wish it wasn't this way, and I wish every man and woman in the military could be home with their families today, but I am so thankful they were willing to sign-up and fight for us! We will be praying for Cory every single day. I think sometimes your brother wishes he was still in the National Gaurd b/c he truly believes in what they are fighting for. The Lord just directed us on a different path. I know you guys have had a rough time with the Army, but the Lord had a plan in it all even when it is hard to see.
Again, please let everyone in Cory's unit know, they have our highest respect and we will be covering them in prayer everyday.
Wow, Sorry, I didn't mean to write a book.
Can't wait to see you guys on Sunday and hold that baby!
Love you

Kelly said...

I have one solution...BUY MY HOUSE!!!
Email me and I'll send you a link to see the listing!
kellytwatson@yahoo.com

Varner Party of 3 said...

Christan, don't forget how strong you are. You've done this before without a husband's help - you can do it again. God never meant us to be single parents, but reach back on your experience already. You can do it. Plus, you have some awesome parents that don't mind helping out.

And be proud of Cory - he was brave enough to sign up, knowing that he would eventually go. Fifteen months will go by fast - you can do it.

And on to the boy clothes. There is NOTHING for boys. The only boy clothes you're going to find are the ones with bulldozers, dump trucks, and construction equipment. Babies don't need to wear that!!!! And what's the worst, is when people buy you boy clothes like that, and they are so tacky, that you try to make up excuses as to why they haven't been worn yet. (Oops! Did I say that?) Of course, you can always buy him those high-dollar, high-class outfits - $30 for a shirt - kind of thing.(Ok, so I admit, Gavin has a few expensive outfits, but only a few.) I will tell you this, I have been to Walmart, yes Walmart, and bought Gavin several cute onesies - some with stripes, and one that has dinosaurs on it in light greens and yellows. Keep searching - there are actually a few decent things out there.

Anonymous said...

Christian.... this thing we called life that we got ourselves into when we got all grown up is not so easy all the time... But the one thing that I remember everyday of my life and I know that it is true!!! God will NEVER give you more than you can handle.. and you and I have been through enough to know that this is still true to this day! You have to look at those 14 months that he will be gone as a time for you and your babies.... this will be the last 14 months in the army and the of the rest of your life with Corey will begin and all of this will be put behind you. GOD IS GOOD!! ALL THE TIME!!!! and he will take care of all those worried thoughts and heartaches if you will just give it up to him! We will all be here to wrap our arms around you and love on you while he is gone! Im looking forward to yall coming home!! The house will work out…. DON’T STRESS!!!!
Love you!
Amanda C Bailey

Anonymous said...

Hey Christan! It's Lindsay Norman again (Jordan Layton's girlfriend)! I'll never forget how much your words of encouragment meant to me when Jordan first deployed! And as a "military sister" I want to lend the same support you showed me! Although, I can not even begin to imagine what a 15 month deployment away from your husband and being left with three kids will feel like, I want you to know that you, Cory, and your children will continually be in prayers! I know it's tough but try release all of your worries and fears to God! I truly believe that's the only way I have been able to survive Jordan's deployment this far!

natalie said...

Chad & I are experts at house-hunting. If it were up to him, we would have already bought another house (he would love to be a real estate agent, but it's not a good time to get into that field). Realtor.com is a great site for finding houses anywhere, but it doesn't always have good pictures. To see better pictures, go to www.coldwellbankercaine.com. I usually search at realtor.com, and when I want to see more pics of that house, I look up the MLS # on www.coldwellbankercaine.com. Also, if you need a good mortgage broker, we worked with Brian Matsuda for both of our houses. He is great! Here is his number if you want to contact him: (864) 583-1995 ext: 112. We could have done without our agent & been fine because Brian is so helpful. I know you may not have much time to search, but if you email me your price range & what you're looking for, I will search for houses in the area & email them to you.