CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Silver lining

Since moving to Texas, I have tried to find "the silver lining" to this place. Each day I try and point out one new -good- thing about my life here. Here was my silver lining yesterday - Cory told me that they (the aid station medics) would not be going to Camp Blessing (the most dangerous, smallest place) but would be going to Asadabad, Afghanistan (pronouced o-sod-o-bod)- the second most dangerous/smallest place. Instead of living in tents and having very little communication with the outside world, they should be living in makeshift bunkers (hopefully some sort of concrete building or a connex - a metal "shed" for lack of a better word). Don't know about the extent of communication, I just know its more than once every two weeks - as it would have been at Blessing. Also, instead of being mortared (bombed) every day multiple times, there is only small arms fire. So how's that for silver lining. Kind of seems like a gray area to me!! Happy Wednesday! Only 2 more days!!!

0 comments: