CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Pains, sprains and auto-mobiles

This week has been mundane so far. I hurt my shoulder sometime last week and Cory and I have been trying to "nurse" it. We both HATE to go to ANY MD, so we always try to fix things ourselves. Well, it wasn't getting any better and yesterday I woke up and couldn't move my left arm. Of course I was freaking out. I went to the MD yesterday and after what had to be the shortest doctors visit in history (I was in and out in like 20 min, no lie), I was diagnosed with a Sprained Trapezius muscle. For those of you who may not be so savy on med terms, its the muscle that runs along your back, above your scapula. I think its more of a "strain" than a "sprain", but who am I to second guess a doctor (I won't go into the differences between the two). So she gave me some drugs and told me not lift anything over 10 lbs (Reese weighs 15lbs). I'm feeling a little better today, but not much. Anyway. We didn't get the loan we initially wanted for the house, but we are exploring other options. I was devastated yesterday to hear the news, because I want that house SO bad, but I've come to terms that if God wants us to have the house, we'll get it. That's part of the "letting go" I spoke of earlier. So keep praying, I don't know what God has in store for us in the future.
Reese had two good nights (he slept for like 4 hours at a time), but last night was rough. I've discovered that he LOVES the mobile on his crib. He'll sit and watch the bears turn and just smile and coo. The catch - I have to sit and spin it the whole time. We didn't get the motorized mobile with the bed we bought!!! Just my luck~
Anyway. The girls are good - ready for school to be over with. We're about to turn our garage into the "play room" because one of Cory's "joes" is moving in with us. On a side note, why is it that I have a ROOM FULL of toys and 2 girls that always complain of being bored?
Cory is doing well - he broke down just the other night when we were talking about the deployment. He's really nervous and not looking forward to missing so much of Reese's life. Please keep him in your prayers - his burden gets heavier everyday.
So that's it. Our life is pretty boring right now. Until we figure out what to do about a house, we're just hanging in the balance. I know its all in God's hands, but I would love to be able to see the future - I wouldn't stress so much, I'm sure.
I hope you all are having a great week. Happy Hump day!!

2 comments:

natalie said...

Very clever title! I hope that everything works out with the house. Just make sure you know exactly what your monthly payments will be before you get to closing. The couple that bought our house was unpleasantly surprised with their payment because their mortgage broker had given them a low estimate, and we almost did not close that day. Meanwhile, my dad & Chad were moving furniture into our new house. I called & told them to take a break because they might be moving it back out! But if you have a good broker, that won't happen.

The Dales said...

How old is Reese? 15 lbs! Wow!! Big ol' baby!