CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Frozen in time...

Tonight was "Meet the Teacher" for the girls! They are at a new school (not only new to them, but to everyone else going there too). They are in seperate classes this year, but I feel really good about it. Hailey's teacher (we'll call her SC) is someone we know from outside of school. I am SO excited that she is Hailey's teacher. Samantha's teacher (we'll call her M&M) has over 30 years experience in education! She seemed really nice too. The girls are excited to begin the year. And what more could I ask for than a beautiful school (full of teachers, parents and administrators that I know personally) a one time teacher of the year, and a teacher with more years' experience in education than I've been alive!
As I walked through the halls of the school, I saw so many people I knew and was shocked that their kids were in elementary school!!! I know it sounds strange, but I think in my mind I thought that when we went to Texas, that everyone would just stop growing. So the kids that were 3 and shy when I left should still be that way. But seeing them walking through the halls of the school with confidence and excitement kind of stunned me! And the thought that their siblings (some of them) were going into middle school or even high school took my breath away! I guess the world didn't get my memo.... NO ONE GROWS UNTIL I RETURN (so I don't miss anything). Either that, or my mind was just frozen in time!

0 comments: