CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Month 1 = DONE

As of today, I have officially survived the first month of Cory's deployment. Its definitely been a wave of emotions that has left me feeling a bit "sea sick". I can only hope that things will begin to settle down from here. Cory is doing well. The "big move" has been delayed for a few more days due to weather and decreased security conditions. They are apparently getting hit pretty hard these days. We knew it would happen since the insurgents apparently "hibernate" in the winter - true story, its ridiculous! He's in good spirits and cannot wait to come home!!!
Reese is saying DaDa, but of course not when I'm on the phone with Cory. I want him to hear it so bad, but when I have the phone up to my ear (or his), he just wants to eat it! Still no teeth, but I think I see one about to bust through!
The girls will be starting 1st grade next week. We just found out who their teachers are - I am excited. I think Hailey will play Upward Soccer this year and Sam is wanting to do gymnastics. So they'll be busy as always.
I was supposed to start my job today (blah). But I will not begin until the 25th (YEAH). I've got to have some extra tests run since I've had some unexpected health concerns pop up. Keep those in your prayers!! So I'm just enjoying spending the last days of summer with my kiddos!
We had a great time at the Lake on Sat. Even though I was thrown off the jet ski (and when I say thrown, I mean it) and I'm still finding it hard to walk or lay on my right side, I'm glad I went. I only wish I could find my charger for the camera as well as my USB cable to upload some pics!! I'm sure they are in a box somewhere!
That about sums it up. Everything's still moving along, slowly but surely! Month 1=DONE!!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

1 month gone:) I know you're counting down the days! That is great that you're going to work. That will help time pass more quickly. I pray for your health concerns and for cory's saftey. Where will the girls go to school? Kelsey and kaley are going to Abner Creek. We will be arriving in Charlotte on Friday morning so we will hopefully see you soon!

Tina said...

One month closer to having our soldiers home with us!!!

Haley said...

one down, eleven more to go! You got this, girl! :)