CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

So there I was, in Academy Sports...

crying!!! I find myself crying in the strangest places these days. Cory called this afternoon. I had given up on talking to him today. Chalked it up to business or blackout. So I was so excited to look at my phone and see CMT on the caller ID. He's doing good. He had a REALLY cool day today where he treated his first "official" patient. That's what Cory's there for so he LOVES to do his job. Its a running joke in EMS that we are the only profession that wishes really bad things on really good people (solely so we can do what we've trained to do). Anyway, back to the story.
Samantha was picking out something to wear to gymnastics (that's another post all together); she was so excited and talking a mile a minute. In the mean time, I'm trying to hold a conversation with my husband AND keep track of three kids. I was talking to Cory and the kids at the same time. Then the phone fell silent. "Babe, are you there?" I asked. "Yeah" he said. "Just listening" he added as his voice cracked a little. Tears began to fall. He is missing so much and I know its killing him (and us). He talked to both girls and gave them some encouraging words as they embark on new activities. I guess you kind of had to be there, but it was precious! He was happy just listening to the chaos of it all and I know he was wishing he was right there in the mix of it all!

1 comments:

Jessi said...

:( My heart feels for you.