CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Moving on up

The last month has been filled with move after move for the Trotter clan. With me moving from Texas to Cory moving SEVERAL times in A-stan. I absolutely HATE to move. So this has been a bit more stressful than it probably should have been. The thought of having to pack and unpack boxes makes me want to scream.
Yesterday the moving company delivered our stuff. I've had to put it in storage for now since we are not moving into the house for another month. They called at 1:30 pm to tell me they were leaving Atlanta heading here. SIX HOURS later, they arrived - anyone who has been to Atlanta, how long does it take you to make it back to the Upstate? Anyway. As they unloaded my half of the eighteen wheeler (yes, I said half), all I could do was shake my head. I have numerous damaged boxes (water damage and crushed boxes) and I don't even want to think about what may be broken inside. So I guess I have to open up the boxes BEFORE I move to see what the damage is so that I can make a claim. What a nightmare!!!
Cory's moving again, too. Bless his heart. I'm not gonna give too many details due to OPSEC. I'll just say that this should be a definite move up. Better security, better place, better communication (hopefully no more 9 day stretches with no contact). He's so excited. So am I, duh!! Plus he gets to be with some of the people he knows the best! So just say a prayer for him as he's packing once again and will be heading out in the next day or so!
SO, again, if I've given you his address, please let me know so I can give you the NEW address.

2 comments:

The Browns said...

Bless your hearts! Praying for all and thinking about you everyday. Did Lindsay get in touch with you? Does she have the correct address?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new home! I work with La-Z-Boy and thought you should know about their online room planner. It lets you plan your room out so you have an idea of what furniture will work, and what won’t space-wise. I know how overwhelming moving can be, so hopefully this is something that can help take off some of the pressure!