CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Heart stopper

The phone rings. Its a number that looks similar to the one Cory calls from. Its 10:42 am. Why is he calling in the middle of the night (for them)? I answer. The voice on the other side was a foreign voice. "Is this Mrs. Trotter?" they ask with a heavy accent. Could it be Hagi? My heart stops. "Yes, this is she." I reply with what little breath I have as I feel like I've just been punched in the gut. The phone begins to break up...no it can't be. My heart begins to race. "I can't understand you, are you with my husband?" I beg. "No ma'am. This is (I didn't catch his name). I'm with the moving company." He says. "I just wanted to let you know I'll be delivering your household goods tomm sometime." I breathe a sigh of relief. Day 9, still no word!

3 comments:

Tina said...

Oh, honey. My heart was racing when I read that. I can barely concentrate today. Every other thought is a prayer for our men. Call me when you feel up to it, okay? Many hugs and prayers from me to you. .....Tina

Amanda said...

Christan, I almost feel your relief. It was like a huge block lifted off your chest, huh? I am so thankful that he was able to call you. I know it was probably hurting him too not being able to call. Always praying for ya'll.

WE will be home Friday, Aug 15. After the kids get settled in school we will have to get together. If you need me, I will be there for you if you need to cry on my shoulder, talk, laugh, complain about the Army, or whatever need be. I know EXACTLY what you're going through and I know it helps to talk with people that are going through or have gone through deployment because they are the only ones who truly understand. GOD BLESS!

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

We got a call shortly after our son began his Cadet Basic Training. It was an official sounding person asking to speak to my husband. My stomach hit the floor...I've blogged about it if you want to read but suffice it to say, it was some guy doing a phone survey. I understand what you are saying. Hang in there!

Cindy aka mama of a soldier