CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

"A Military Thanksgiving"
We offer gratitude this day
For blessings multiplied,
For family, fellowship and friends
Who remain by our side
Through many separations,
And distances so vast
That lesser love would be subdued.
It's doubtful it would last.
We share these bonds of feeling
That stretch between our souls
When distance separates us
As we pursue our goals.
But you have favored us with friends,
And families that clutch
Us close although we wander
Around the globe so much.
So Lord this day we offer thanks,
And bow our heads in prayer.
We recognise that
You're the source
Of all the love we share

1 comments:

Annie said...

Did you write that? It's beautiful! I know your meal will be great today. I know John has given you plenty of pointers. My mom had to help me with my first turkey. Give the girls a kiss for us. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am off to make lots of stove top for a Thanksgiving dinner for homeless. I should have done this last night, so now I have to rush. (and now I am rambling. . .lol) We love you guys!