CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Watch out Duff

I'm not sure if any of you ever watch Ace of Cakes, but the girls and I LOVE this show. It comes on the Food Network Channel on Thurs at 930/830ct. Any way. The owner Duff and his team make awesome cakes in the shape of just about anything you could think of. My secret dream is to one day have my own bakery and make similar cakes. Baking is definitely my "thing".
Well, I decided to make Geraldine Foreman's famous Red Velvet Cake for Thanksgiving because Cory absolutely LOVES it. He's never actually had Geraldine's cake, but John makes one exactly like it because he follows her recipe. I was very nervous because, if you don't know, its all made from scratch with very precise measurements and ways of doing things. Red velvet cakes are either a success or a bust, there is no middle ground!! So tonight I set out to try it. And I am proud to announce that my first Red Velvet Cake (made from scratch) was a SUCCESS!!!!! It tastes SOOOOOOOO good. If I do say so myself, along with my husband, it runs a close second to John's! So watch out Duff, the next Ace of Cakes may be on her way up!!!
Now if only the rest of my Thanksgiving meal turns out just as good....

0 comments: