CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

One of the JOYS of being a Medic's wife...

Cory's job in the Army is to be a Combat Medic. This entails many different duties, some of which you may not think of. Its has its joys and it has it pains, like most other jobs. However, we have experienced one of the "joys" this week. Cory has spent the last two weeks working at the sick call clinic (the place for all the sick soldiers to go in the am from 6-9 and seek medical treatment). He has also been working VERY closely with some of the Medics in his company - who have been passing around some kind of funk for the last few weeks. Well, the inevitable happened. Cory and I woke up Sunday morning feeling like we had both been run over by a bus. Apparently, he has brought something home and being the WONDERFUL husband he is, he thought he would share. So we've spent the last couple of days trying to recoop. He is MUCH worse than me I might add - I attribute it to the fact that I refuse to let this knock me down because I have so much to do. I do think however that my day is coming and I too will be begging to be put out of my misery. Cory had to literally peel himself from bed this morning with a 100.8 fever, sore throat and a cough that only a seal could be proud of and carry himself to the same sick call clinic where I believe this all began. Please pray for us as we are trying to get back on our feet and please also pray that Uncle Sam will see it fit to give my pitiful husband the day off!! Till next time!! I'm going back to bed...

1 comments:

Annie said...

I hope you guys get to feeling better soon! Love ya