CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Medic Thanksgiving

This a year of many firsts for Cory and I. This is OUR first Thanksgiving together (last year he was in AIT in San Antonio), our first Thanksgiving alone (without ANY of our families), and our first time being in charge of all the Thanksgiving festivities. What started out as a small, intimate Thanksgiving with about 6 people has turned into a full on event with a total of 25 people and counting. John (my stepdad) laughed at the fact that this is MY first Thanksgiving ever cooking and I am responsible for making a feast to feed 25. Go big or go home, right??!! I am a nervous wreck! Most people know that John ALWAYS handles all the big meals in our house, so I have never been responsible for cooking anything. This year, its all on me. People are supposed to bring different things, but I am responsible for the Turkey and dessert (the two most important things in my book). I am also making sides just in cas some of the guys flake out on me!! So please say a prayer for me as I have a major undertaking before me tomm.
Please also remember my parents - this is their first Thanksgiving as complete EMPTY NESTERS. They have headed down to the beach for the weekend, but I know my mom is having a hard time with this all. Thank God Brian and Annie are supposed to be joining them on Friday!! Happy Thanksgiving to ALL! Hope all your festivities ( and mine) go off without a hitch!

2 comments:

Annie said...

You'll do great! If I can make a Turkey, so can you! I will say a prayer that your stress level stays down. That's always my biggest problem when I am the host. I hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Love you!

Brian said...

Hehe, please let me know how it all goes. Good luck. I am sure you will do fine.

Love you guys! B