CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 26, 2007

You can take the family out of the country...



But you can't take the country out of the family. I've never considered myself as being from the "country" until we moved to Texas. I've begun to notice that some of the things we do are quite simple and people see us as being "country". Well, we had one of those moments this past weekend. Cory has been DYING to get a fire bowl so that we could make a fire and roast marshmallows and hot dogs. This weekend was hovering just above freezing and he felt like this would be the perfect time. So Saturday after going to see Reese, we headed to Lowes and then Target and bought a fire bowl. Saturday night was too wet to do the fire due to rain that just seemed to never stop. So yesterday was "the" day. Cory braved the cold to start the fire and then we sat out in the FREEZING cold to roast some marshmallows. We had fun although it was soooooooooo cold. I'm so glad that I have a family that enjoys the more simple things in life - that fire got us all excited and made our day!!!

3 comments:

Haley said...

I am so jealous, I want a fire bowl SO bad! :)

Annie said...

Looks like a fun afternoon as a family! :)

Medic Mom said...

Haley- Target has their fire bowls for $60. No assembly required - and its portable!!! Go check it out! Its a GREAT investment!!!