CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 10, 2007

My Momma always said...

"The man you marry will have to be a STRONG man to keep you in line". We always used to joke that he (my future husband) was probably living in Africa learning how to tame lions with his bare hands. As I sit here watching Cory play his video games, I realize that I am married to MY perfect match. No, he does not tame wild lions, but I think God uses him to show me that I don't always have to be in control and I need to just relax more.
Cory came to me at such an unexpected time in my life and was such a breath of fresh air. Once I got over the initial "you big jerk" phase, he made me realize that I had always just settled for less than I deserved. When we first met, he was married so I never dreamed that WE would be together. But as God would have it, it all worked out in the end. I'll spare the details, but for those of you who know the WHOLE story, you know it was GOD all the way.
Cory reminds me of my brother Brian in many ways. I know he (Brian) and maybe everyone else may think I'm loosing my mind, but its true. Brian and Annie have always had a relationship that I looked up to but never dreamed I would have. I knew God was in the center of their lives and they were truly with the one that God made for them. I always thought maybe I was just meant to be alone. Until Cory.
This journey we have been on for the last year and a half has been a bit unorthodox (as if I would have had it any other way, lol). However, I find myself regretting NOTHING with this man. I cannot imagine taking this journey with anyone else. We have our moments where we are unsure of our future and what it may entale, but we always come back to the fact that as long as we are together, we'll be fine. God is in control and there is NOTHING that we cannot face and overcome together (all three of us).
So no, Cory does not eat nails, nor does he tame the wildest beast. He has managed a greater task than this - he tamed MY heart!!!

1 comments:

Annie said...

:) I am so glad you found someone who treats you the way your brother treats me! It's what we prayed for!