CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 14, 2008

Exam exemption

In a previous post, I stated that the Army is like school in that we are given different tests with NTC being the "final exam" to see that we are equipped with what we need to survive deployment. I haven't blogged much about our situation since then, so I thought I'd take a moment to give an update. I exempted the exam!!! You may be saying to yourself, huh?!?! Let me explain.
Cory was placed on Rear Detachment (Rear D) while his fellow Medics went to California for the month. We are so blessed! Now we don't have to worry about Cory missing Reese's birth and me being all alone here when Reese decides to come. Cory's Rear D duties could have involved many things, especially CQ (or staff duty) - which is 24 hours sitting behind a desk answering phones, signing people in and out and picking up soldiers who have been "detained" for various reasons. Cory was dreading this, but again God had his hand over us as Cory does not have CQ duty - not even once during this month. Cory has been placed on a duty that involves handing out Army issued supplies to soldiers - he only works about 4 hours a day!
So my fears have been calmed once again! Tonight is the only night Cory will be away from us as he has a sleep study in Georgetown to see what they can do about his night terrors - MAJOR prayer request!! All is calm here in the Trotter household as we are all on pins and needles awaiting Reese!
I went to the OB today because my blood pressure has been high since last Thursday. My OB said that more than likely if I haven't gone into labor by next week, she will go ahead and do a C-section! So I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!! I just want to say thank you all for your thoughts and prayers as this pregnancy has been full of ups and downs! You guys are the best and keep the prayers coming as I'm sure this week will drag by!! Til next time...

2 comments:

The Browns said...

He will be here before you know it! Lots of prayers going up for you guys from NC!

natalie said...

I can't believe he's almost here! You'll be in my thoughts & prayers, and I can't wait to hear the good news!