CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Pregnancy test

No, I'm not gonna blog about "the smartest thing you'll ever pee on". Stay with me as I may take a few turns here. I've always been bothered by how children are treated in some homes. Before I had the girls, it really made my blood boil to hear or see even a hint of what I deemed "child abuse". Living in Texas, it seems as though we can't go a day without hearing about some innocent child suffering at the hands of the people who they should be able to trust the most. Maybe its because there's so many people here or maybe Texas is just possessed - I haven't figured it out yet. But here's my solution. Please don't take offense to what I'm posting here. This is just my off the wall answer to a problem that is unfortunately becoming an epidemic here in our world. Here goes...
I believe that when a baby girl is born, some sort of contraceptive (I haven't come up with the best kind yet)should be implanted into them. Kind of like boys get circumsised, girls get this implant. At the age of 18, the girl should be given a test. A real pen and paper test, just like you're getting a driver's liscense. The test won't be too hard - mostly common sense. If the girl passes the test, she can take a parenting class - she doesn't have to, but it will be offered. Upon successful completion of said class, she may have the implant removed, thus allowing her to conceive.
Boys don't get off easy either, I'm developing a way to moderate their "distribution" as well. That's to come later.

You may be asking yourself where this is coming from. I'm just on a milk carton (similar to a soap box) because I heard this morning of yet another child dying at the hands of a fellow Texan (yes I consider myself a Texan for the time being because SC has disowned me - different soap box all together). I know this is totally random, but something has to be done to protect these kids. It breaks my heart.

**Disclaimer: I am by no means knocking women who have conceived children in their teenage years. I am one of these women. Much of my credit as a parent goes to the fact that I have a wonderful Heavenly Father, an awesome family and comman sense. I don't know that 18 is the "magic number" to have children. Some women I know are in there 30's and still have no business being a parent. I chose that number because that's when you are considered an "adult". Again, this ia not scientifically proven, its just MY idea. Some of the greatest parents I know conceived before the age of 20!

Stepping off my milk carton! (Not quite a soap box, but still deserves to be heard)

1 comments:

natalie said...

I think someone should also evaluate how you did with your first child before you can get pregnant again. Working at MTCC, it was sad to see some of those girls get pregnant again even when they could hardly take care of the kid(s) they already had.