CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Uplifting words...

My mom got me the GREATEST devotional book for Christmas. So occasionally, I will be sharing some words of encouragement (at least they are encouraging for me!!) Hope you find some joy in them just as I do!

Packed for a Purpose:
**He has filled them with skill** Exodus35:35

You were born prepacked. God looked at your entire life, determined your assignment and gave you the tools to do your job.
Before traveling, you do something similar. You consider the demands of the journey and pack accordingly. Cold weather? Bring a coat. Business meeting? Carry the laptop. Fun in the Sun? Bring sunscreen and a hat.

God did the same thing with us: Cory will marry Christan... give him a couple of extra doses of patience. John will work with special needs kids... give him compassion and a BIG heart. Jaime will homeschool...give her the wisdom and time management skills she'll need to get the job done.

God packed you on purpose for a purpose!!! What is your purpose and what "skills" have you been given that help you perform your assignment?

2 comments:

Haley said...

wow, I really love this!

The Browns said...

Oh my word. I'm sitting here in tears. You have no idea how much I needed to hear that today!