CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 31, 2008

The ABC's of newborn: Adjustment, Baby Blues, and Crazy nights

Sorry I've been a bit slack on blogging, hopefully you all understand that I have a newborn (I know you do). The past few days have been pretty good. Reese seems to be very even tempered - as long as you feed him, burp him, change him and love on him some, he's happy as can be.
Today was his first Dr's visit - she likes to see them early to make sure they are not jaundiced. It went well. He's only lost 4 oz, but grown a half inch (i'm a little skeptical of this). We go back in two weeks for a follow up PKU and weight check.
The girls are doing great with Reese. They love him so much. They just can't wait until he's a little bigger when they can help out more. They've loved having Grammie here!!
Gus and Mollie are adjusting as well. They pay Reese no mind until he cries and then they both get a little anxious. Other than the occasional sniff on the head, they don't bother him at all!
Cory is doing well with fatherhood to a newborn. He gets a little discouraged at times, but I think he's doing AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
I've had a touch of the baby blues the last couple of days. Yesterday was REALLY bad. I'm not depressed - just emotional!!! We had a pretty traumatic day yesterday, so that was hard. I'll explain more about that experience later - when there's more time (its a real blood boiler). Please pray for me as I adjust to all this once again - its been 6 years and so much has changed. In breastfeeding news, its getting better all the time. The first few days were HORRIBLE, but each time we nurse, its a little easier. Hopefully by next week, we'll be all breast milk and no formula!!!!
So that's it. Nothing spectacular to report. We're all doing well. I'm sleep deprived, but I love every minute of it! Hopefully I'll get some more pics up soon. I'm off to the OB to have my staples removed - FINALLY!!!! Hope you all are having a great week!!!

6 comments:

The Dales said...

I'm sorry about the baby blues, I had them too. Actually mine were pretty bad I think, hopefully not the next time though. Glad he is a pretty easy baby! Staples...I'm confused, they stapled you?

Varner Party of 3 said...

Baby blues - Honey, don't feel bad. I cried every single day for several weeks. This too shall pass. I'm glad to hear everything is going well. I can't wait to see more pictures of that sweet sweet boy.

natalie said...

Yes, we understand if you don't blog every day! I've been slack myself lately, but I don't have a good excuse. I guess my life just isn't that exciting right now! :]

Medic Mom said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I need them. Its hit me harder than I ever could have imagined. Please keep us in your prayers...
Stephaine - I had staples because I had a C-Section

Jackie said...

Christan, Don't be afraid to ask a neighbor, friends, Cory etc...for help if you need a break from Reese. There is nothing wrong with that at all, mommies need breaks from their little ones. Be sure to make time for you and Cory also. There is a light at the end of that tunnel. Jackie

Annie said...

I left a comment, but you either didn't approve it or it didn't go through.
I am praying for you. Your hormones are settling in between giving birth and breast feeding. I remember crying over stuff very easily after Hannah, especially when it was time for my mom to leave.
Call me anytime. I know I am not the greatest on the phone (a little awkward. . lol), but I am here to listen anytime!
We love you