CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

With the up coming delivery of Reese, I thought I would do a Thursday 13 on Reason's why I'm ready for Reese to be born!!!
1) I can't wait to hold him in my arms.
2) I can't wait to have my body back. I know that I will have to "loan" it out a few times a day when I breast feed, but for the most part - I can reclaim what is mine.
3) There's no more room in my stomach, and yet Reese moves around like he's got all the room in the world - this is extremely uncomfortable.
4) I have TERRIBLE heartburn, I can only hope that once he is born, this will subside!
5) I can't wait to see Cory interact with Reese. Cory has been an AWESOME father to the girls, but he's never been with a newborn everyday. When he met the girls, they could do for themselves for the most part - Reese needs everything! I know he'll do great!
6) Reese's birth means we have visitors. So far, we've got my Mom coming in on Saturday and Amy (my best friend) coming in on the 6th. Hopefully Cory's parents will be making the trip out soon.
7) I'm ready for someone else to hold Reese for a little while - I love the kid, but I need a break.
8) I'm ready to see who he'll look like!!
9) I'm ready to sleep. Now I'm not naive enough to think I'll be doing a lot of sleeping with a newborn, but I know I'll be getting at least a little more than I am now which is NONE!
10) Believe it or not, I'm ready to breastfeed. I've hyped myself up enough about it now, I'm interested to see if I can really do it like I want to.
11) We've officially got everything Reese will need. Funny thing is, Cory and I have only bought a hand ful of clothes - the rest have been given to us by family, friends and some strangers - God is Good!!!
12) I can't wait to see if having only one baby is a breeze like I think it will be. Having the girls first really gave me some extensive practice.
13) I can't wait to see whose personality he inheirits. Cory and I are such a good couple because we balance each other well. But to hear stories of Cory's childhood ensures that if Reese takes after him, I'm in for many trips to the principals office and if he takes after me in my High School years - we won't go there!

So there you have it! Only four more days to go-TOPS! Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

natalie said...

I had terrible heartburn during my last trimester, but it was over as soon as Emma was born. Once that baby is no longer cramping up your insides, you should be heartburn free!

Annie said...

I can't believe he is going to be here in 4 days! We love you!

The Browns said...

He will be here before you know it!

pussreboots said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Dales said...

Oh my goodness, I wasn't sleeping good either at the end of my pregnancy and thought, "If I will just have him I will finally sleep better and not have to get up one million times to go to the bathroom" but I had NO idea how good that sleep really was until we brought him home from the hospital, I am just begging for the kind of sleep I was getting before Perrin!