CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2008

Our love child...

Cory and I have lovingly dubbed Reese our "love child". He is more than we could have ever imagined! Here's a quick synopsis of our last few days. I've also included some pics!
Friday I had a NST for preeclampsia. My BP was up, but nothing major so I was sent home and told to REST!!!!! That's exactly what I did. I took some pain meds for my headache and took a nap. An hour later, I woke up, still in pain and feeling horrible. Cory took my BP - it was WAY up. We called L&D - no help from them (another soap box post to come soon). We waited a little longer and took my BP again - still up. Called L&D again - still no help. Keep in mind all of this was transpiring over the course of several hours. Finally, around 2am, Cory decided to call my OB's office and get the answering service to get OB to call us back. When she did, she told me to go straight to the ER and L&D.
She met us there (she was apparently on call). After being hooked up to the monitors for about 30 min, she came in and told me that I would be delivering sometime that morning. We were shocked, but ready. The girls were at home with Chace and Mandy (friends of ours), so we felt confident they were being cared for.
At 1027 am, Reese made his grand entrance into the world - screaming his head off. My BP had reached an outstanding 165/115 and the OB said it was time.
He weighed in at 8 lbs, 12 oz. 20 inches long. He has a head full of hair and looks like his daddy (with my eyes). He's absolutely perfect!!!
My mom didn't make it for the delivery, but arrived around 630 pm.
We're all doing good. The girls and Cory had to wear masks the first few days with Reese because they had the Resp funk. But all is good now.
We are home and settling in. I am tired and very sore. My BP is still high and I am on a diuretic because my swelling is really bad. Other than that, we are good!! I'll be posting more as time permits. For now, I'll leave you with a few pics. Enjoy!!




7 comments:

Jackie said...

Precious! I know you, Cory and the girls are enjoying him. Take care and tell Lita we can't wait for her to show us more pictures.

Jessi said...

Yea!! Congrats!!

The Browns said...

He's really, really cute! I'm glad things went well, and we are keeping you all in our prayers!

Annie said...

I wish I could hold him!!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! Makes me miss Gavin at that size.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh...how sweet!! I love the chubby cheeks. Don't let your mom spoil him too much. I'm sure the girls are enjoying being the "big sisters".
xoxoxo to all

kim

Haley said...

He's so precious, he really does look a lot like his daddy! Congratulations!